Can we make Ingram the 3rd down back? (1 Viewer)

purgatorysaint

Very Banned
Reaction score
I have never thought Sproles could pass protect and he showed that his hands are average at best. PT has never been a great pass blocker so I'm really hoping that Ingram is our third down back.

A guy who had 59 catches last year doesn't have average hands.

1. Ingram will most likely be our lead back by then end of the season, he doesn't even fit the mold of a 3rd down back so i'm not even sure why you would suggest it.

2. Those drops were on Brees as much as sproles, they were not good passes, either of them, but yes he probably still should of caught them.

3. Other than that Sproles looked pretty dang good, he is going to be just fine.

He did look bad, but this guy is no rookie come on! The dude was born to catch 3rd down screen passes.

Its early people, he just got here they are not going to just immediately be clicking on all cylinders, give it time.

A guy who had 59 catches last year doesn't have average hands.

I don't care what he did in SD.

As for Ingram why can't he be our third down back. He's got good hands and nfl draft gurus have labeled him a 3 down back.

Sproles can ball, just give him and Drew the preseason to get their timing down before you start this.

If you go back and watch the plays on both swing passes they were poorly thrown balls by Drew Brees and on that one play he got hit in the head with a guys helmet. I don't know many players that can hold onto the ball then.

As for Ingram why can't he be our third down back. He's got good hands and nfl draft gurus have labeled him a 3 down back.

You don't care that he's proven he's an excellent pass catching back over the years and instead would rather make a judgement based on two plays in preseason?

Whatever you say chief.

2. Those drops were on Brees as much as sproles, they were not good passes, either of them, but yes he probably still should of caught them.
This.

They will get on the same page.

The story on the swing/screens was pressure on Brees, which resulted in poor placement on the passes. Catchble, yes. But not good throws.

lol what draft gurus labled him a 3rd down back? What have you been reading? The guy is a #1 carry the load type back. Are you serious?

lol what draft gurus labled him a 3rd down back? What have you been reading? The guy is a #1 carry the load type back. Are you serious?

Please learn how to read. No draft guru called him a 3rd down back. However dang near every one called him a 3 down back which means he can play on all 3 downs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom