Saints Can we please stop all the get rid of Brees talk? (1 Viewer)

normal end of season bullshirt. too many of us fans are ungrateful, at best, about even having brees to begin with.

we let him go, then what? immediately signs with another team and continues to dominate.

next comes the outrage, mostly from the same people wanting him replaced, as to why did we let him go?!?

OP, keep Drew with a blank check next year plus $21.3m already on next year's cap before he's signed?

None of us has any control over it, so we'll like it whichever direction it goes in, but at some point, Saints have to pay the piper without gutting a roster full of talented players.

This has got to come to a end because it’s getting absolutely ridiculous. Please for love of God stop this nonsense and pray we can get a solid number 2 wr before we burry our hof QB.

There may be some trying to bury Drew but I think you are misconstruing the nature of most threads. For me at least it is not a drive to push him out the door.

Instead it is a legitimate investigation into what if that happens.

If that thought is uncomfortable I can see why you don't like to hear it articulated.

My advice ( unsolicited and probably unwanted ) is to ignore threads that offend you, are uninteresting to you or that you find objectionable for any other reason.

Same advice I would give to those that have to post how annoyed they are in every Taysom Hill thread.

I don't like sushi but I don't go into every Sushi Restaurant and yell at the owner for opening one.

There may be some trying to bury Drew but I think you are misconstruing the nature of most threads. For me at least it is not a drive to push him out the door.

Instead it is a legitimate investigation into what if that happens.

If that thought is uncomfortable I can see why you don't like to hear it articulated.

My advice ( unsolicited and probably unwanted ) is to ignore threads that offend you, are uninteresting to you or that you find objectionable for any other reason.

Same advice I would give to those that have to post how annoyed they are in every Taysom Hill thread.

I don't like sushi but I don't go into every Sushi Restaurant and yell at the owner for opening one.
I actually have to agree with this TH advocate. No one hates Drew or wants to disregard his legacy as the greatest Saint's player ever.
However, at this juncture I think everyone has to ask themselves is this about the team or the player? In my opinion, the team comes before the player and therefore the countless threads about the next QB are completely justified. I agree with spylake, just ignore the thread and keep it moving.

normal end of season bullshirt. too many of us fans are ungrateful, at best, about even having brees to begin with.

we let him go, then what? immediately signs with another team and continues to dominate.

next comes the outrage, mostly from the same people wanting him replaced, as to why did we let him go?!?
Dominate where? There is no broncos team out there that will sign a 41 old QB for a year. Also, Brady is playing the same game right now and most teams would take him over Drew.

i'm assuming it will fade once the last 3 games are played
13-3
13-3
11-5
we just have to imagine that with time, the above numbers start to make more sense for people and the realization of how good the team is starts to rise above the pity party

Simply Great Post. Thx much!

My philosophy is you don't replace someone especially Drew unless you have a great contingency plan in place. For now the only acceptable replacement is Burrow. The will have to move many mountains to make that happen.

I think the majority of people are just concern with Queece Boringman and the team's plan going forward. He is not signed and is a free agent. Questions remain is he coming back or retiring? How much is he asking in order to get him back. It is not because we want Queece out, but what are the plans if he does hang it up or demand too much money? I personally would like to get a quarterback in the draft.

I think the majority of people are just concern with Queece Boringman and the team's plan going forward. He is not signed and is a free agent. Questions remain is he coming back or retiring? How much is he asking in order to get him back. It is not because we want Queece out, but what are the plans if he does hang it up or demand too much money? I personally would like to get a quarterback in the draft.
Huh?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom