Saints Can we please stop all the get rid of Brees talk? (2 Viewers)

A lot of foolishness been going on with the fanbase lately

It will die down and all these fickle fans will be eating their crow when Brees is out there shredding defenses again
I swear it’s like most of these people only started watching football about a month ago and now want to be the coach of the team.

Drew Brees as QB coach????
I mean, we can get him a second ring that way right?!?!
Every coach is only as good as the players they are coaching. I think Drew would be a good coach but I also don’t think he’s at a point in his life where he wants to put in the long days that being a coach in the NFL demands. If he retires I see him spending a lot of time with his kids just being a hof dad.

You’re right. Drew should’ve blocked better so he wouldn’t get hit and then fumble. If he had blocked better the running game would’ve been better. He never got any pressure on Cousins and he called a bad game as the head coach. But what pisses me off the worst was that he didn’t get any separation on his routes so his throws to himself could result in more completions.

Brees also ran the wrong route so that Brees had no one to throw to. Brees also didn't call that blatant PI that cost us the super bowl last year. Brees also let Kirk Cousin complete that long bomb that set up the TD in overtime. Brees also missed that field goal that Lutz kicked. Brees also didn't block anyone so he had no pocket. That Brees really made a lot of mistakes.

It's a team sport. All but 3 players had awful games. Let's move on from Cam Jordan too. MT didn't catch several passes that he usually catches. Probably should move on from him. How about Lattimore??? He stunk to high heaven. Probably time to trade him!!!

It's a team sport. All but 3 players had bad games. So we need to cut about 50 players I guess.

Brees also ran the wrong route so that Brees had no one to throw to. Brees also didn't call that blatant PI that cost us the super bowl last year. Brees also let Kirk Cousin complete that long bomb that set up the TD in overtime. Brees also missed that field goal that Lutz kicked. Brees also didn't block anyone so he had no pocket. That Brees really made a lot of mistakes.

It's a team sport. All but 3 players had awful games. Let's move on from Cam Jordan too. MT didn't catch several passes that he usually catches. Probably should move on from him. How about Lattimore??? He stunk to high heaven. Probably time to trade him!!!

It's a team sport. All but 3 players had bad games. So we need to cut about 50 players I guess.

Dude, stop making sense. That’s not needed here.

I dunno what those of u who still wants Drew around are expecting outta him next season but I got news for u, we’re gonna come up short again

Kinda like Drew’s deep ball

So with another yr of aging, a weakening arm n a questionable throwing thumb, what wk should we expect to see his play decline this yr? 2 wks earlier than it happened in 18’? That sounds about rite

Gee I can’t wait?

Last edited:
I'm not for "getting rid of" Brees, but I am for resigning him only at a cap-friendly rate and resigning Teddy and Taysom and having an open QB competition for the starter. If Drew is still the best, he should start. He's 41, now, though, and he doesn't have the arm strength he once did and never had great mobility. I just don't see us being able to win against the top teams without a mobile QB or the ability to hit vertical routes. Teddy is no Lamar Jackson, but he has decent mobility. Taysom has elite mobility, but can he consistently hit receivers? An open competition would allow us to find out.

I'm not for "getting rid of" Brees, but I am for resigning him only at a cap-friendly rate and resigning Teddy and Taysom and having an open QB competition for the starter. If Drew is still the best, he should start. He's 41, now, though, and he doesn't have the arm strength he once did and never had great mobility. I just don't see us being able to win against the top teams without a mobile QB or the ability to hit vertical routes. Teddy is no Lamar Jackson, but he has decent mobility. Taysom has elite mobility, but can he consistently hit receivers? An open competition would allow us to find out.
And how did Lamar Jackson’s mobility help the Ravens last week? Both teams in the NFC Championship have “traditional” drop back QBs. In the AFC, both QBs have the ability to run but both would prefer to pass.

And how did Lamar Jackson’s mobility help the Ravens last week? Both teams in the NFC Championship have “traditional” drop back QBs. In the AFC, both QBs have the ability to run but both would prefer to pass.
Don't draft LJ in fantasy football. He will be way over valued and won't live up to his ADP. Teams will adjust to stop him.

I dunno what those of u who still wants Drew around are expecting outta him next season but I got news for u, we’re gonna come up short again

So with another yr of aging, a weakening arm n a questionable throwing thumb, what wk should we expect to see his play decline this yr? 2 wks earlier than it happened in 18’? That sounds about rite

Gee I can’t wait?
They still think he can play at an elite level for 21 straight games. It's not happening. The last 2 years proved that. He can still be elite at times but defenses are well aware of his deficiencies now and will take advantage of it.

It doesn't matter though. If the team wasn't ready for its first playoff game, they aren't ready to contend for a SB.

They still think he can play at an elite level for 21 straight games. It's not happening. The last 2 years proved that. He can still be elite at times but defenses are well aware of his deficiencies now and will take advantage of it.

It doesn't matter though. If the team wasn't ready for its first playoff game, they aren't ready to contend for a SB.
So what QB has had to play 21 games in a season? So if these teams are so “aware of his deficiencies“ then how was Drew able to have the best single game passing percentage in the history of the NFL?
Have you ever heard of a west coast offense? The key to that offense is is a accurate QB who can make good decisions. That’s what Brees does better than anyone in the league. Mike Zimmer and CSP are good friends and Zimmer out coached Sean in that game. If the Saints and the Vikings played 10 times the Saints would win 9. The whole team had a bad day not just Drew.

Last edited:

it won't even be close. Brees is at least twice as good as either of those guys.

Gee I can’t wait?

I would rather be 13-3 and a contender than the 8-8 we would be lucky to be with either of the other 2 guys on the roster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom