Saints Can we please stop all the get rid of Brees talk? (1 Viewer)

while we are at it, can we stop with all the Burrow talk. there is no way possible we can get him. we don't have the ammo to move up without gutting our team. It would take, I believe, MT, Kamara and several years worth of first round picks to move up that far. not going to happen. Drew will resign, hopefully and we will send him out with a ring. next season will be the make or break season for this franchise. several big contracts will be up and we can't pay them all. we need the best qb for the last gasp of this group of players. And Drew, even as he is now, is the qb for the job.

2 years ago, sure, but it was Taysom, not Drew, who was the better QB against Minnesota.

Right, because the sample size is now big enough to say that....NOT.....if the Saints have an opportunity to resign Brees on a contract similar to the last one it would be insane not to....

We lost the Minny game because our offensive line (Peat and Warford in particular) shat the bed, Peat should not have played and if they put DE's inside we should have run right at them (SP should get a big share of the blame), instead we go all pass happy playing to Minny's strengths....

So what QB has had to play 21 games in a season? So if these teams are so “aware of his deficiencies“ then how was Drew able to have the best single game passing percentage in the history of the NFL?
Have you ever heard of a west coast offense? The key to that offense is is a accurate QB who can make good decisions. That’s what Brees does better than anyone in the league. Mike Zimmer and CSP are good friends and Zimmer out coached Sean in that game. If the Saints and the Vikings played 10 times the Saints would win 9. The whole team had a bad day not just Drew.
The QB that wins a super bowl normally plays 21-22 games.

Alot of good that historical record did vs Minnesota and the Rams in the playoffs when he threw interceptions because of his lack of arm strength.

OK so what's stopping us from having another bad day? Same coaching, same players. If they aren't motivated to win one for Brees at home, then I don't trust them to be motivated again if that time comes.

Brees is 41. You think he will continue to be great as long as he wants? He wants to continue playing to protect his stats. He sucked in the playoff game as did a majority of the team. I don't trust him or the entire team to win another SB.

Brees will always be the best Saints player in history but time is not on his side anymore.

I would rather be 13-3 and a contender than the 8-8 we would be lucky to be with either of the other 2 guys on the roster.
Well one guy got us to 5-0, that projects pretty good for the rest of the season.

Well one guy got us to 5-0, that projects pretty good for the rest of the season.
that was more of a total team effort. the players even said themselves that when Drew is playing, they expect him to pull out the win. paraphrasing somewhat. this team, as built right now, needs Drew in order to be effective consistently. If we move away from Drew, this whole team needs to be upgraded in order to have the success Drew has given us during his career. We need a true number two receiver. Not many qbs, let alone very young qbs, has the quick thinking and accuracy of Drew. Teams realized that if you take Kamara out of the playbook, or if Coach Payton does it for them, and double MT you pretty much take the offense out of the equation. You need another target to go to. Jared Cook came on later on in the season but he isn't a number two target. And we need to draft Peat's replacement for the left side. His number would be way to high for the output he delivers consistently. He is the weakest link, if you discount Armstead and his injuries. Fix that and add more talent in the secondary and linebacker corps and then you have a team that another qb can come in and win. But Drew gives us, right now, the best chance for a real good season and possible post season. I am not sure if Bridgewater or Hill can do it week in and week out for the season. Not as well as Drew.

that was more of a total team effort. the players even said themselves that when Drew is playing, they expect him to pull out the win. paraphrasing somewhat. this team, as built right now, needs Drew in order to be effective consistently. If we move away from Drew, this whole team needs to be upgraded in order to have the success Drew has given us during his career. We need a true number two receiver. Not many qbs, let alone very young qbs, has the quick thinking and accuracy of Drew. Teams realized that if you take Kamara out of the playbook, or if Coach Payton does it for them, and double MT you pretty much take the offense out of the equation. You need another target to go to. Jared Cook came on later on in the season but he isn't a number two target. And we need to draft Peat's replacement for the left side. His number would be way to high for the output he delivers consistently. He is the weakest link, if you discount Armstead and his injuries. Fix that and add more talent in the secondary and linebacker corps and then you have a team that another qb can come in and win. But Drew gives us, right now, the best chance for a real good season and possible post season. I am not sure if Bridgewater or Hill can do it week in and week out for the season. Not as well as Drew.
My point is that if Teddy could get us 5 wins then why can't he get us to the playoffs? We just had 11 players named to the pro-bowl. We're not perfect but that's a pretty good roster. All teams have holes. At the bare minimum Teddy can serve as a bridge until we find our next franchise QB. Drew can't get us over the hump anymore, the last three years have proven that.

I would rather be 13-3 and a contender than the 8-8 we would be lucky to be with either of the other 2 guys on the roster.

Who says we’d be contenders? Most seem to think we’d eventually be stopped in the playoffs even with Drew starting

And who says we’d get to 13-3 with Drew starting a full season? Don’t bring up 2018. We’d be 2 full seasons removed from that with an older musket arm Drew

Yeah be the first QB to end back to back seasons with a QB rating above 115 and let's shove him out the door.

He's not playing good football. He's not even playing great football. He's playing elite football. The very best of his career and there's really no argument.

His career is arcing upwards right now, ever since 2016.

You’re right. Drew should’ve blocked better so he wouldn’t get hit and then fumble. If he had blocked better the running game would’ve been better. He never got any pressure on Cousins and he called a bad game as the head coach. But what pisses me off the worst was that he didn’t get any separation on his routes so his throws to himself could result in more completions.
Thank you.

I just know why people have lost their minds like this.

Yeah be the first QB to end back to back seasons with a QB rating above 115 and let's shove him out the door.

He's not playing good football. He's not even playing great football. He's playing elite football. The very best of his career and there's really no argument.

His career is arcing upwards right now, ever since 2016.

Oh I’m pretty sure they’ll re-sign him. They don’t have the balls not to

Where was this elite Drew when he was needed most? We don’t turn the ball over n we win. Even with the Lutz miss. There’s an argument

U say his career is “arcing upwards” but playoff caliber teams know the exact formula to stop him in the postseason. That wasn’t the case before

You’ve lost YO mind if u think we’re gonna get anything better from Drew than what we’ve already seen
I'll take another 116 QB rating next year if that's all you're gonna give me.

It's not 135, but hey let's be reasonable.

You realize how foolish you sound? Like embarrassingly foolish.

I'll take another 116 QB rating next year if that's all you're gonna give me.

It's not 135, but hey let's be reasonable.

You realize how foolish you sound? Like embarrassingly foolish.

Again, what did that get u in the playoffs?????

Yeah I’m sure I do sound foolish to a buncha folk clinging onto the past. I’ll be that with pride

Again, what did that get u in the playoffs?????

Yeah I’m sure I do sound foolish to a buncha folk clinging onto the past. I’ll be that with pride
You got a missed FG out of a kicker who doesn't miss inside 45 yards. Ever.

You got a defensive coordinator who turned Kirk Cousins into a super hero in overtime, who then followed that up with one of the most dreadful performances in a playoff game vs the 49ers.

You got an offensive line and a head coach who couldn't adapt nearly well enough to counteract what they were getting from the D line of Minnesota.

That's a lot for your GOAT quarterback to overcome. And he was a coin toss away from doing just that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom