Can we slow down Cincy? (1 Viewer)

alon504

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Let me put it to you this way...I was worried about the Steelers all week. I even was worried we would lose today, before the game started. As for the Bengals...I have NO doubts. We will definitely win next week.

landshadow

All-Pro
Reaction score
Let me put it to you this way...I was worried about the Steelers all week. I even was worried we would lose today, before the game started. As for the Bengals...I have NO doubts. We will definitely win next week.
Saints need to hold on to ball for 40 minutes to have a chance.

saintology1

Reaction score
Payton will have us ready next week. If we get Horn and Thomas back, we should be fine. Thomas is the key though. We can't have Craft on TJ or Chad, or else we'll be in for another shootout. Either way we will probably be blitzing much like we did today to take pressure off of our corners.

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
not necessarily..whosyamomma might be out. The bangles game's againt the 'turds and panthers weren't high scoring affairs...

if we get into the type of game we had today, fall behind, to's, then yeah we will lose.

if we keep the ball in drew's hands, let the d rest and don't make mistakes, we might win

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We'll need to put up 50 to have a chance... they have a tough running back as well as a deadly passing game. And the way Pittsburgh has been giving the ball away... and we couldn't get ONE DARN TURNOVER... I'm not feeling a defensive ressurgence here. I think we'll win 45-42.

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This game is going to be a shootout folks. The Saints will win this one:
Saints, 45
Bengals, 42

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We'll need to put up 50 to have a chance... they have a tough running back as well as a deadly passing game. And the way Pittsburgh has been giving the ball away... and we couldn't get ONE DARN TURNOVER... I'm not feeling a defensive ressurgence here. I think we'll win 45-42.
ESP or what? I was thinking the same score! You just posted it first! One thing's for sure, I am starting Chad Johnson next week!

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes because were going to run the ball, its a home game and the Bengals are gonna have a hard time stopping us!!

GUTTA NATE

Reaction score
Saints need to hold on to ball for 40 minutes to have a chance.
Agreed...

We need to keep the ball out of that offense hands for as long as we possibly can.

Their defense is not that good, so we should not have any problems playing efficient ball control offense against them.

Hopefully the running game steps it up for us big time, and that we don't get away from it so early if we get down by a score or two early on in the game.

Puntz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
before today cincy averaged 21.9 pts/game
we averaged 24.8 pts/game

both went up today, but just because cincy scored a lot today doesn't mean they always do..they can be contained. ATl and carolina kept them to arounf that average...if we do that we should be ok

if we have a game like today we lose our 3rd in 4 games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The reason we start so slow Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Inside Drew Brees' slow start: A lack of aggressive throws from Saints QB, not arm strength Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints not worried about Emmanuel Sanders' slow start: 'His touches are going to come' SR News Page Articles 0
Emmanuel Sanders is off to a slow start, but Saints are 'very confident in his ability' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara After a slow start to his career, Lutz has become a Justin Tucker clone Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
FLIPPY Last three offensive drives after the 4th down stop... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Check down Check down predictable... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 66
Saints TE Jared Cook hurt on first-down catch against Packers, heads back to locker room Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super Bowl LV Odds: Saints Are Down, Not Out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints third down woes prove to be too much in MNF loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints defensive success on third down must improve SR News Page Articles 0
WATCH: CSC’s week in review breaks down Saints’ surprising loss against the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
james_k_p Video 2020 Highlight Shows Week 01 - Final Play, 4th down on 4, B&G Review Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2