Can we slow down Cincy? (1 Viewer)

Hopefully our special team will play in the dome (better and longer kick offs - no missed FG's.)

But this is the season. We win this and we are one big step closer to th eplay offs. If we lose. 2002 all over again........

I think it has the potential to be a shootout, but remember a few things:

**We'll be back in the Dome. That never bodes well for an opposing offense.

**Payton WILL have this team prepared from coming off of a loss....no loss of confidence with this coaching staff.

**Horn should be back; Reggie will want to make up for his fumble; Brees and Colston just keep getting better and better.

**IMPORTANT KEY TO THE GAME: Those Bengals fans stole our cheer....the Saints need to end that "Who Dey" stuff now. :ezbill:

That being said, we NEED Thomas back. Quickly. I'm still going to sit my Saints D on one of my fantasy teams this week!

The Dome will have to be LOUD on Sunday. "Who Dey", indeed!!! Sure wish I could be there.

I agree with those who have said Cincy is not nearly as good as they looked yesterday.

They're TWENTY-EIGHTH in total defense. 28th! We're 3rd in total offense, and are firing on all cylinders right now, having scored 30+ each of the last 2 weeks (and.... wait for it.... SHOULDA topped 40 yesterday easily.)

Offensively, yeah, they look strong. They certainly looked strong yesterday, anyway. But someone showed up top that they're very inconsistent. They're only 12th in total offense, and have only scored 30+ twice. We've done it 3 times. They scored less than we did against Pittsburgh.

The question should be can Cincinnati stop the Saints. At home. I doubt it.

As always, it could go either way. Much like Pittsburgh, Cincy will be desperate to save their season. There's a chance that yesterday's performance was them "hitting their stride" offensively.

But it's AT LEAST as likely that yesterday was their "perfect storm game" offensively, and that they'll revert to their season-long mean next week. And if that's the case, given that they still lost because their D positively BLOWS, their drop could even be worse than that after such a crushing loss.

I know that most of us are pretty upset at our defense right now, and with good reason, but Cincy is FAR, FAR worse than the Saints defensively. And while their offense is dangerous, especially against our defense you'd think, their offense simply is not as good as ours is. By quite a bit.

Of course it will be a tough game, certainly no cinch win. But I feel a lot more confident going into this game than going into Pittsburgh.

Keep in mind, by the way, that the Saints have yet to lose consecutive games this year. We've bounced back from both previous losses with wins. Unfortunately, we can't play Tampa this time. But whatever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom