Can we stop slobbering over Teddy please? (1 Viewer)

So odd to expect fans to cheer on players instead of bash them, right?

Yes, you are a bad fan.

Maybe if Teddy was not so overhyped by his supporters. Last week there was this euphoria and an unrealistic feeling by some that was going to be Teddy's base level game going forward. I tried to point out that over his career he is a 0.97 TDs per game thrower with a 1.02 TDs/game standard deviation.

Today he was right on his average.

In 4 games his mean is 1.5 TDs/Game with a StD of 1.65

While the average is better, the large StD indicates the inconsistent nature of his playing.

There is some weird psychology operating in Teddy's mind.

BTW On game day we are all fans but honest post game analysis does not make any of us haters. I really hope we don't go down that rabbit hole again.

Maybe if Teddy was not so overhyped by his supporters. Last week there was this euphoria and an unrealistic feeling by some that was going to be Teddy's base level game going forward. I tried to point out that over his career he is a 0.97 TDs per game thrower with a 1.02 TDs/game standard deviation.

Today he was right on his average.

In 4 games his mean is 1.5 TDs/Game with a StD of 1.65

While the average is better, the large StD indicates the inconsistent nature of his playing.

There is some weird psychology operating in Teddy's mind.

BTW On game day we are all fans but honest post game analysis does not make any of us haters. I really hope we don't go down that rabbit hole again.

No one was overhyping anyone. People were excited by his good play. He's doing exactly what the Saints need right now and that's all we can ask for.

No one was overhyping anyone. People were excited by his good play. He's doing exactly what the Saints need right now and that's all we can ask for.

I don't think Sean entered the pre game huddle and said "Teddy we only need 7 points today".

Our defense is the one getting it done. They are creating the unusually low bar Teddy has to beat.

I don't think Sean entered the pre game huddle and said "Teddy we only need 7 points to day".

Our defense is the one getting it done. They are creating the unusually low bar Teddy has to beat.
Ok. Valid points, but noone is arguing this...

I don't think Sean entered the pre game huddle and said "Teddy we only need 7 points today".

Attachments

• download-1.jpg
    download-1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 14
Ok. Valid points, but noone is arguing this...

Granted we can just take the win and say today he was good enough. That's a short term way to look at this. But, In the context of "Is Teddy a future top tier NFL starter or just an ok backup?"; his play has been substandard and inconsistent in 4 out of his 5 games.

Am I allowed to judge his QB skills on that basis or is "We Won", the only measurement permitted?

Granted we can just take the win and say today he was good enough. That's a short term way to look at this. But, In the context of "Is Teddy a future top tier NFL starter or just an ok backup?"; his play has been substandard and inconsistent in 4 out of his 5 games.

Am I allowed to judge his QB skills on that basis or is "We Won", the only measurement permitted?
You can say whatever you want, obviously. However, within the context of this thread, in which most of us are responding to the OP about "slobbering" over Teddy we are responding to "over-hyping" Teddy which we are arguing against.

You can judge all you want, we all are, but I think your original post is misplaced. Noone is talking about the lack of points scored or our defense's dominance. We are simply saying that it wasn't going to be easy and we should all enjoy the ride. Perhaps start a new thread about analyzing Teddy B's pros and cons...

Not going to bash Teddy, but can’t wait for Brees to back. He’s just not very consistent nor does he make the best decisions. He has to play better if we’re going to win.
He has consistently led the team to 4 consecutive wins tho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom