Can we stop with the Saints got 2 2nd round picks nonsense? (1 Viewer)

SaintRay

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
A 1st round pick is highly coveted in the NFL.

Only 1st rounders are selected on Day 1 of the draft, plus offer teams the 5th year contract option.

And the difference between #29 and the first pick of the 2nd round is 60 points. That significant.

Also the Saints traded a 3rd for the Broncos 2nd in 2024. Based on the Broncos and the Saints 2023 finish, the Saints gained 210 points on the trade chart. Again, that is quite significant.

Only 1st rounders are selected on Day 1 of the draft, plus offer teams the 5th year contract option.

And the difference between #29 and the first pick of the 2nd round is 60 points. That significant.

Also the Saints traded a 3rd for the Broncos 2nd in 2024. Based on the Broncos and the Saints 2023 finish, the Saints gained 210 points on the trade chart. Again, that is quite significant.
Agree!

They probably need to update that chart to account for the fifth year option. No way 32 is only worth 10 more than 33. I bet the Bengals wish they drafted Higgins at 32 with Burrow’s contract coming soon.

That second round pick might prove very valuable. I know everyone expects Denver to have a better season but not only is that a tough division but the AFC in general is tougher. I don’t know their schedule but it’s going to be tough. They might be better but still have a bad record.

Some people’s 18 might as well be a low 2nd round pic, not everyone is happy, sorta like the world today. A 5yr option on a QB, WR, DB or Oline/Dline saves the team with the cheap contract for the extended year and gives a clearer picture if they should be retained.

But, yes, we did get a 1st and a 2nd and traded back a 3rd and I’m good with that. If you have unreasonable expectations, you’re always going to be disappointed.

It like cartman on a leash with ceased Milan, sometimes you have to let people give the good fight until they wear themselves out.

1675216860267.gif

Let's just accurately state what happened: We received a very late 2023 first-round pick and a 2024 second-round pick, and gave up a 2024 third-round pick.

They probably need to update that chart to account for the fifth year option. No way 32 is only worth 10 more than 33. I bet the Bengals wish they drafted Higgins at 32 with Burrow’s contract coming soon.
Fifth year options aren't valuable. You have to draft talent to value that 5th year options.

Draft value chart is to measure talent quality available at that pick. Which is exactly the correct way to value picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom