Can we stop with the Saints got 2 2nd round picks nonsense? (1 Viewer)

Fifth year options aren't valuable. You have to draft talent to value that 5th year options.

Draft value chart is to measure talent quality available at that pick. Which is exactly the correct way to value picks.

From this article, teams have changed the way they draft since the wage scale (and fifth year option) were implemented. If the market for picks changed, why are the pick values stuck at a fixed rate from the 1980’s?

Several alternative charts have been developed since Johnson’s from the early 90’s, with credit given to a number of factors, including the new wage scale:

From this article, teams have changed the way they draft since the wage scale (and fifth year option) were implemented. If the market for picks changed, why are the pick values stuck at a fixed rate from the 1980’s?

Several alternative charts have been developed since Johnson’s from the early 90’s, with credit given to a number of factors, including the new wage scale:

It's worthless. It's barely used at 25+.

It’s such a rarity to get picks for a coach…more draft capital would have been great but anything is a bonus historically in this league.

Next year may have been equal or worse but I don’t see it being better.

I will sleep well knowing it’s all over and CSP is stuck with a Wilson in the hardest division in football.

Pick number is all that matters to me, not round. It's a classic binning issue. Did picks 31 and 32 become much more valuable after the league went to 32 teams?

Not for nothing, but Brees was the 1st pick in Rd 2. Even SD got a good deal w/that.

A 1st round pick is highly coveted in the NFL.

Only 1st rounders are selected on Day 1 of the draft, plus offer teams the 5th year contract option.

And the difference between #29 and the first pick of the 2nd round is 60 points. That significant.

Also the Saints traded a 3rd for the Broncos 2nd in 2024. Based on the Broncos and the Saints 2023 finish, the Saints gained 210 points on the trade chart. Again, that is quite significant.
people think this is madden. our players and coaches are always worth more in their minds

Can we stop using a 30 year old point system designed by a single coach as the end all be all of pick values?

They probably need to update that chart to account for the fifth year option. No way 32 is only worth 10 more than 33. I bet the Bengals wish they drafted Higgins at 32 with Burrow’s contract coming soon.
Higgins is nothing special. He is just merely a good WR

Yeah I don't understand why people try to pop a squat on the 1st rounder by calling it a 2nd. It's a 1st. Believe it or not there will be some good players left on the board and we'll have a 5th year option on that player if he's good. That comes in handy.

They get to draft a player at 29 and then again at 40. Two picks in the top 40 is better than one pick in the top 40.

Can we stop using a 30 year old point system designed by a single coach as the end all be all of pick values?
That’s fine.
Post up the only point system being used in the NFL.
I say this because there are 5-6 models used, but the one I used is one of the most commonly utilized.

Well if we’re going to split hairs, we didn’t even get “two draft picks” for Payton. If you total up the number of draft picks for 2023 now versus before the Denver/Payton deal, the number increased by one, not two. We got a late one and an upgrade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom