Can you imagine Obama having Bush's eloquence? (1 Viewer)

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Reaction score
I might even watch Fox News to see the results of Obama saying:
I'm going to put people in my place, so when the history of this administration is written at least there's an authoritarian voice saying exactly what happened.
or
I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market system.
or
I want to share with you an interesting program -- for two reasons, one, it's interesting, and two, my wife thought of it -- or has actually been involved with it; she didn't think of it. But she thought of it for this speech.
or
I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.

I guess "They misunderestimated [him]."

As long as he isn't counting I suppose.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OrsBKGpwi58&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OrsBKGpwi58&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Forty-four Americans have now taken the presidential oath."

There have been forty-three Presidents.

Heh, Grover Cleveland strikes again. Still, you know it would be fun to hear "the decider", but fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame shame on you. I'd mainly be interested in hearing Fox go at him, because PBS, NPR and the rest would be talking about how racist it is to laugh at.

I didn't mean to imply that Obama was as bad a speaker as Bush was, I haven't heard a worse public speaker outside of Buffalo. However, Bush was made fun of pretty much every single day for his speaking, so I'm not really sure of your point.

Or how about George Bush saying " I would like to help those folkes in that part of the world (LA, USA) if only they had a plan", the day after he pulled support (support backed by his own "Hurricane Czar" Donald Powell and the LA state government) for the Louisiana plan. That was the moment I left the Republican Party. I lost all faith in the US government at that very moment.

I didn't mean to imply that Obama was as bad a speaker as Bush was, I haven't heard a worse public speaker outside of Buffalo. However, Bush was made fun of pretty much every single day for his speaking, so I'm not really sure of your point.
My point is that Bush was probably the most tongue twisted modern leader out there. There's a reason they made fun of him almost every day. Sure Ford tripped, and others bumble on occasion, but nothing like W.

Had that bad habit been placed on our first black president you can be sure both the desire to laugh at it and the fear that laughing at it would go wrong would twist people into pretzels.

Bush may have fouled up quite a bit while speaking but at least he wasn't trying to be so careful that all you can hear is uh uh um uh um change um uh uh um and uh um uh uh uh um hope uh um um um uh uh um uh um uh America uh um uh

Bush may have fouled up quite a bit while speaking but at least he wasn't trying to be so careful that all you can hear is uh uh um uh um change um uh uh um and uh um uh uh uh um hope uh um um um uh uh um uh um uh America uh um uh
No, he just lied to a destroyed America, telling them in a round about way if you are to survive, it will be on their own. That is what we did. I guess you think we should thank him for that. As a person that has paid 36% of everything thing I have ever earned in my 55 years of life to this federal government, I bet you think I should thank him for being so kind to say "We are abandoning you." It was the truth,

you lose

Question: would you use the word "turd" to describe our President?

You can sugar coat it all you want...Dubya was not a leader of the free world. He had his own agenda, and the majority was not in-line. He won a 2nd term due to lies and deceit bombarded on his opposition, and to get full credit for Iraq, success or failure. I am an Independent; huge fan of Reagan and Bush Sr. I withhold judgement on Obama till he's had his chance on the playing field. So far, spending big money we don't have seems trivial compared to putting our men & women in harm's way for someone else's freedom, when it's pretty obvious they can't handle democracy.

Yeah, I can't imagine an election in any other country where the news wouldn't call it a coup when the leader's brother promises to 'bring in' a sketchy vote in his region. We'll never know what would have been. Almost ten years later it's still the nadir of the 21st century for me.

Yeah, I can't imagine an election in any other country where the news wouldn't call it a coup when the leader's brother promises to 'bring in' a sketchy vote in his region. We'll never know what would have been. Almost ten years later it's still the nadir of the 21st century for me.

Bush got more votes, the Supreme Court ruled he won the election, and in an unofficial recount:

George W. Bush would have won a hand count of Florida's disputed ballots if the standard advocated by Al Gore had been used, the first full study of the ballots reveals. Bush would have won by 1,665 votes — more than triple his official 537-vote margin — if every dimple, hanging chad and mark on the ballots had been counted as votes, a USA TODAY/Miami Herald/Knight Ridder study shows. The study is the first comprehensive review of the 61,195 "undervote" ballots that were at the center of Florida's disputed presidential election.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2001-04-03-floridamain.htm

They are public record, you can go count them yourself if you want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom