Can You Names 14 Recievers better than Marques Colston??? (1 Viewer)

I love Colston and he is one of my favorite Saints and he is an incredible player. For those that still don't know about Brandon Marshall, he is just as tall, just as physical, faster, better after the catch, a better blocker and has hands almost as good. Imagine Colston with the ability to be a top tier playmaker with the ball in his hands. He has been held back by inconsistent QB play, being stuck behind Denver legend Rod Smith his rookie year and in an offense that didn't pass nearly as often as the Saints. If Marshall was on the Saints or Indy he would put up ungodly numbers. Take a look for yourself. Marshall has the energy and intensity of Hinds Wards with the ability of TO.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dwOoIoJYUA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dwOoIoJYUA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4J2cl0ddNvc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4J2cl0ddNvc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

If I was a GM picking WR's to start a franchise Brandon Marshall and Colston would be in the top 3.

ot of that lot the only recievers that dont belong above Colston are:

Holt - he's nowhere near the player he used to be definitely not better than Colston.
Roy Williams - Should be Calvin Johnson instead he's much better.
Brandon Marshall - Close call and Colston has a better QB throwing to him, still think Colston is better though.
Andre Johnson - shouldn't be in the top 10 let alone better than Colston.
Anquan Bolding - same point as above.

also wes welker should be alot higher than 23!

I love Colston and he is one of my favorite Saints and he is an incredible player. For those that still don't know about Brandon Marshall, he is just as tall, just as physical, faster, better after the catch, a better blocker and has hands almost as good. Imagine Colston with the ability to be a top tier playmaker with the ball in his hands. He has been held back by inconsistent QB play, being stuck behind Denver legend Rod Smith his rookie year and in an offense that didn't pass nearly as often as the Saints. If Marshall was on the Saints or Indy he would put up ungodly numbers. Take a look for yourself. Marshall has the energy and intensity of Hinds Wards with the ability of TO.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dwOoIoJYUA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4J2cl0ddNvc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

If I was a GM picking WR's to start a franchise Brandon Marshall and Colston would be in the top 3.

Wow, I have to admit, Brandon Marshall has some crazy talent. Marshall is faster than Colston, but even though both are the same height/weight, Colston is stronger and has better hands. Colston just needs to play with some more juice and start showing some attitude. He's dedicated, hardworking and all, but I hope he learns to get in those DBs faces like Reggie does.

I think Colston is a top ten wr and could probably make an argument for it but there are basically 64 starting wrs in the NFL and I dont have a problem with top 15. Most of those guys are on the same level for the most part and Colston is much younger than alot of em. He still has room to grow as a player and should move right on up that least over the next few years. The one thing that probably kept them from putting him higher is that they love game breaking speed, its the first thing most of em rank

Idk where you got that he is a better Blocker, Colston is an excellent blocking WR, and is stronger. Marshall is faster than Colston? Colston ran a 4.50 compared to Marshall who ran a 4.52, i'd say thats pretty close to the same, i guess you could say Colston is a little faster. I'm not sure how many drops Marshall had, but doubt he was better than Colston at catching, Colston had 2 drops on 143 pass attempts thrown his way. Colston also had a 69% completion % thrown his way, compared to Marshall's which was 60%.
Colston>Marshall :9:

But still it would have been pretty allsome if we drafted them both in 2006.
Marshall 6'4 230
Colston 6'5 231
there almost clones

7. Marques Colston NO 25 - Seems to disappear for a 2-3 game stretch, but you can't argue with the success to start his career. Figures to stay consistently productive as long as Brees stays healthy.

Here is where Rotoworld has Colston. He is one of 8 tier one recievers, considered elite. I dont know what 2-3 game stretch they are talking about. Maybe whe he was hurt:confused: :shrug:

oops, this is some kind of fantasy thing I guess, but I still think it applies

Idk where you got that he is a better Blocker, Colston is an excellent blocking WR, and is stronger. Marshall is faster than Colston? Colston ran a 4.50 compared to Marshall who ran a 4.52, i'd say thats pretty close to the same, i guess you could say Colston is a little faster. I'm not sure how many drops Marshall had, but doubt he was better than Colston at catching, Colston had 2 drops on 143 pass attempts thrown his way. Colston also had a 69% completion % thrown his way, compared to Marshall's which was 60%.
Colston>Marshall :9:

But still it would have been pretty allsome if we drafted them both in 2006.
Marshall 6'4 230
Colston 6'5 231
there almost clones

Colston is an excellent blocker but get back to me after you watch Marshall block a little while. He blocks like a ****** off Guard, takes pride in it and will flatten guys out. Towards the end of the season defenders would give up on a play when they saw him coming.

Marshall had a lot of baby fat on him when he was at the combine and has since filled his frame with lean muscle. I promise you he is in the low 4.4 range now and plays even faster.

I never said Marshall had the better hands. Marshall will occasionally drop a pass when he is wide open because he is trying to get up field and make something happen but he doesn't drop many passes. Colston has the better hands and probrably always will but expect Marshall's numbers to get better.

The Saints passed the ball 652 times last year compared to Denver's 515. This means Colston had 138 more plays in which he could have been targeted. This really puts in perspective what Marshall did. I have read a few people say that Javon Walker helped him but Marshall really came on after Walker went down. For just about the entire season Marshall had Brandon Stokely playing the other side of the field leaving Marshal against double and sometimes triple coverage.

If I had to choose 3 receivers to start a franchise with tomorrow my 3 receivers would be Marshall, Edwards and Colston. We are going to have this debate many more times over the next decade if both players stay healthy.

Oh, and I so badly wanted to draft Marshall and Colston in 2006. What could have been.

One last thing to consider is Brandon Marshall didn't start playing WR until his Junior year in college and had a terrible QB trying to get him the ball. UCF had him playing safety. :covri:

Did anyone feel frustrated sometimes when we didnt throw to Colston enough in some of the games. Such as Bucs @ NOLA, Carolina @ NOLA, @ Seattle, and Philly @ NOLA???? Especially the Bucs and Carolina games i got really ******.

A lot of them even out. Randy moss and Owens are great but all these rest make great plays as well. How many did in first two years that Colston did in his? Moss probably did but did the others as well? Any 7th round or undrafted?

Thanks for the insight Bclemms, i didnt really follow Marshall that much, but the kid looks like a beast.
When it comes to talking about Colston i become a major :homer:, Colston has been my favorite player since I saw him play against the browns in 06. I've boughten home authentic and away authentic colston jerseys. I cant wait until I go to LSU cause my uncle has a suite in the dome(we make about 2 games yr at the dome), so i can see the big fella live in action 8x a year :9:.

I would actually rank Marshall and Colston higher on the list if including age and injuries.

Did Brandon Marshall not put his arm through his home entertainment system a couple of days ago? Let's see how he recovers from that first. I wish him all the best, though.

Personally, 9-15 are all pretty much equal if you ask me..... however, it seems they put more stock in TDs than actual receptions and yards.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom