CANDLES (1 Viewer)

Are u telling me jesus christ couldn't hit a curve ball?
You know, you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all of this stuff.

[ETA] - it's good to see Cerrano followed many professional ball players where he hocks insurance for a living after his professional playing days were over. :)

Last edited:
Pretty early I think. It's not exactly a secret.
I just think it's interesting to know how soon people divulge stuff like that. My husband told me about his "long lost brother" the very first time we spoke on the phone (we were long distance at first). I kinda didn't believe him because, well, it's kind of an Unsolved Mysteries type of thing and it wasn't something his mom talked about openly. But the first time I met my future SIL, she confirmed it was true because his brother actually remembered, vaguely, that one day he had a brother, the next day he didn't.

So I got the backstory but nobody knew his current name, etc. Except his sister who had snooped and had been looking but didn't feel like sharing the info, at least while their dad was alive. One of my proudest "online stalking" achievements is that after my FIL died, within 10 minutes or so of my husband's sister finally sharing her info that she had had for years, I had located him by a simple AnyWho or Switchboard search or something like that and my husband and his sister were talking to their half brother on the phone!! For them it was the culmination of a long but quietly discussed family secret. For me it was a, huh, that crazy story wasn't so crazy, moment.

This candles thread has delivered in unexpected ways.

Yeah, I do need a few candles in my house. We just moved to a new place a couple of months ago.

First, I'll have to ask my wife if she's ever burned a house down with candles. Never thought to ask. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for passing the only true version of this song. Love Elton but I have resentments over his reusing Bernie poetry on another women.
I hear that. This song conveys my same sentiments of Marilyn to a T and it obvs. doesn't exactly apply to Lady Di; but I "allowed" it to be used (and, of course, her charity made a mint on the single) because it is really a beautiful and emotional song. But, in the ultimate irony that to the monarchy shy Di was supposed to be the "safe" choice, almost nothing about her was uncontroversial, even the reworking of this song about her.

Last edited:
Candle flames are used in meditation as a point of focus. You can see your mind as like the candle flame-steady but not the same, the flame is different as is the mind, continuing to change in every second. The goal is to make the mind as steady and unwavering as a lamp flame in a room.

observant jews are not supposed to use electricity during shabbat
I grew up a Catholic in Baltimore where where our next door neighbors were Jewish. They put up a Christmas tree every year and went to all the Christmas parties. The y were not Orthodox. One day my father and Mr Rubenstein (a bankruptcy attorney) were eating crabs on our back porch and he turns to me, then 13 years old and says "Michael, do you know th difference between Catholics and Jews?" I sense a trap, but say "no I don't" He deadpans, "Well, Jews are born with guilt and Catholics have to go to school to learn it" My dad breaks up.

One of my first lessons on comparative religion :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom