CANDLES (1 Viewer)

I **LOVE** candles.

Proud Yankee Candle Club Member. And I have an assortment of candles for each season.

My number one, Top of the Charts™ candle of all time is the WoodWick Radish and Rhubarb. It's incredible. It's summer in a jar. We grow rhubarb in the garden, and it's one of my favorite scents, period.

My top Christmas candles from Yankee Candle according to category are:

Top Christmas Tree-ish scent - Magical Frosted Forest (it's my top Christmas candle overall)
Fraser Fir by WoodWick is also a really good one, and it has that bonus crackle.

BUT! There's a new threat to the throne. This year, they released Singing Carols as part of their Christmas Morning series and... lemme tell ya... it's pretty amazing. My partner says it is her favorite.

Top Sweet Scent - now, these scents aren't for everyone. I am typically not a fan so this candle doesn't get a ton of use, but the kids really like it. The top scent in this category is Frosty Gingerbread. Christmas Cookie is also not bad. There's a new one from the Christmas Morning series - Santa's Cookies - but I haven't smelled that one yet.

Top Cozy Scent - this category is reserved for those scents that you think home should smell like - warmth, ciders, etc. Sparkling Cinnamon is my go-to, but Ciderhouse is also nice. I find, though, that I typically do the Ciderhouse in the Fall when the apples start really coming in. Candy Cane Lane is also a nice scent - the peppermint isn't too intense and it's a bit creamier than you might expect from the name. Christmas Eve is also popular in the house, but I'm not as big a fan as the rest.

Top Crisp Scent - these scents are reminiscent of what you imagine a cold, crisp Christmas morning should feel like. It's bright and cool. Cherries on Snow is my go to, here. I know what you're thinking - why isn't in the next category of Top Fruity Scents. I find that the cherries, while evident, aren't overpowering which - as you know - can be pretty intense. If you want something less cherry, then Sparkling Snow is good. I would NOT recommend Icy Blue Spruce. It smelled nice in the store, but actually burning it is an altogether different experience.

Top Fruity Scent - Easy. Cranberry Peppermint. It's so good! The Cranberry Chutney is also really good, and you might find that you would classify the latter in the Cozy Category and you'll get no argument from me! Mandarin Cranberry is also VERY nice but I don't usually burn it during Christmas. I know Mandarin is a winter fruit, but the citrus just doesn't feel 'Christmas' enough to me. If you want Citrus, I'd actually recommend the Aromatic Orange and Evergreen. This scent is nice.

Plus, it's in the same scent family as 'Winter Citrus Wreath' - my number one Christmas Bath and Body Works foaming soap (I have a Top 10 of these, too)

I would recommend staying away from:

Mistletoe - I actually find it revolting. I have no idea what the appeal is
Christmas Wreath - too many things going on at once and your nose doesn't know how to process it. It's a confusing experience for me
Macintosh - you really gotta LOOOOOVE apples to dig this. I really like apples, but this scent is even too much for me.

I think that about covers it...

Oh, and if you are ever in need of a leather-scented car air freshener, their Leather Smart Scent Vent Clip is indescribably leather.

I'll try to remember to bump this around Easter with my Spring choices!

Candles are amazing.

And don't be afraid to burn a couple of different families (of candles!) at the same time - experiment. Have fun!

I **LOVE** candles.

Proud Yankee Candle Club Member. And I have an assortment of candles for each season.

My number one, Top of the Charts™ candle of all time is the WoodWick Radish and Rhubarb. It's incredible. It's summer in a jar. We grow rhubarb in the garden, and it's one of my favorite scents, period.

Top Christmas Tree-ish scent - Magical Frosted Forest (it's my top Christmas candle overall)
Fraser Fir by WoodWick is also a really good one, and it has that bonus crackle.

BUT! There's a new threat to the throne. This year, they released Singing Carols as part of their Christmas Morning series and... lemme tell ya... it's pretty amazing. My partner says it is her favorite.

Top Sweet Scent - now, these scents aren't for everyone. I am typically not a fan so this candle doesn't get a ton of use, but the kids really like it. The top scent in this category is Frosty Gingerbread. Christmas Cookie is also not bad. There's a new one from the Christmas Morning series - Santa's Cookies - but I haven't smelled that one yet.

Top Cozy Scent - this category is reserved for those scents that you think home should smell like - warmth, ciders, etc. Sparkling Cinnamon is my go-to, but Ciderhouse is also nice. I find, though, that I typically do the Ciderhouse in the Fall when the apples start really coming in. Candy Cane Lane is also a nice scent - the peppermint isn't too intense and it's a bit creamier than you might expect from the name. Christmas Eve is also popular in the house, but I'm not as big a fan as the rest.

Top Crisp Scent - these scents are reminiscent of what you imagine a cold, crisp Christmas morning should feel like. It's bright and cool. Cherries on Snow is my go to, here. I know what you're thinking - why isn't in the next category of Top Fruity Scents. I find that the cherries, while evident, aren't overpowering which - as you know - can be pretty intense. If you want something less cherry, then Sparkling Snow is good. I would NOT recommend Icy Blue Spruce. It smelled nice in the store, but actually burning it is an altogether different experience.

Top Fruity Scent - Easy. Cranberry Peppermint. It's so good! The Cranberry Chutney is also really good, and you might find that you would classify the latter in the Cozy Category and you'll get no argument from me! Mandarin Cranberry is also VERY nice but I don't usually burn it during Christmas. I know Mandarin is a winter fruit, but the citrus just doesn't feel 'Christmas' enough to me. If you want Citrus, I'd actually recommend the Aromatic Orange and Evergreen. This scent is nice.

Plus, it's in the same scent family as 'Winter Citrus Wreath' - my number one Christmas Bath and Body Works foaming soap (I have a Top 10 of these, too)

Christmas Wreath - too many things going on at once and your nose doesn't know how to process it. It's a confusing experience for me
Macintosh - you really gotta LOOOOOVE apples to dig this. I really like apples, but this scent is even too much for me.

Oh, and if you are ever in need of a leather-scented car air freshener, their Leather Smart Scent Vent Clip is indescribably leather.

Candles are amazing.

And don't be afraid to burn a couple of different families (of candles!) at the same time - experiment. Have fun!

Nerd. :hihi:

And, where do we find these candles at? I'm actually interested in one that has a Christmas tree smell. We use a fake tree and I miss the smell of a real one, so a candle with that scent would be a nice compliment. So once I know where to find a good one, I'll probably buy a few different ones to put throughout the house.

I **LOVE** candles.

Candles are amazing.

This might just break @2fya

Nerd. :hihi:

And, where do we find these candles at? I'm actually interested in one that has a Christmas tree smell. We use a fake tree and I miss the smell of a real one, so a candle with that scent would be a nice compliment. So once I know where to find a good one, I'll probably buy a few different ones to put throughout the house.

these are yankee candle. They just had a 9 dollar medium candle sale (normally like 25 bucks). A d medium jar is plenty big.

I never buy full price. They always have a sale going on. But one medium will last you the season with normal use.

these are yankee candle. They just had a 9 dollar medium candle sale (normally like 25 bucks). A d medium jar is plenty big.

I never buy full price. They always have a sale going on. But one medium will last you the season with normal use.

:9:

Hahah. Just when i thought i had the whole world figured out. Today, i have been humbled.

I have now been introduced to the candle game. Watch out world

I **LOVE** candles.

Candles are amazing.

you are always full of surprises.

Hahah. Just when i thought i had the whole world figured out. Today, i have been humbled.

I have now been introduced to the candle game. Watch out world
I kicked the habit. Then I got into aroma diffusers. It's insidious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom