Can't beat Brady and the Refs (1 Viewer)

The NFL has admitted that they don't what the outcome of a game to be decided by a flag so they will let the outcome be decided by an uncalled penalty

On the bright side I had Tampa pick on the survivor bowl.
I agree with that approach. Especially when it comes to something like holding, dpi, or opi. Wide receivers push off all the time, whether it's a penalty or not is often up to interpretation. Same goes for offensive holding and pass interference. You could technically call all of those penalties on every play if you go by the exact letter of the rule.

The NFL has admitted that they don't what the outcome of a game to be decided by a flag so they will let the outcome be decided by an uncalled penalty

On the bright side I had Tampa pick on the survivor bowl.
Unless you're Jimmy Graham catching a hail mary against the 49ers. Obvious exception there duh.

Cowboys screwed themselves with the missed fg and extra point...then the refs screwed them with the no call.
I think that first missed FG setup the Cowboys second TD they got after Tampa turned it over. If the Cowboys make that FG than Tampa maybe doesn't turn it over in their end for the Cowboys to score a TD.

Yea so let's not call that. He also threw away a ball on 2nd and 10 way deep whole being rushed in the pocket that wasn't called that would have made a 3rd and 15 with no TOs. Brady knows over and over he cain just take any chance and cowardly officials will bail him out. His career started with the Tuck Rule giving him his first Super Bowl and just keeps on trucking. Someone please name me one bad call late in a playoff game that has gone against Brady.
He threw away the ball like 3 times out of bounds standing in the pocket not even close. Even I was thinking "shouldn't those be intentional grounding?" they were 20 yards out of bounds!

Last edited:
I think that first missed FG setup the Cowboys second TD they got after Tampa turned it over. If the Cowboys make that FG than Tampa maybe doesn't turn it over in their end for the Cowboys to score a TD.

He threw away the ball like 3 times out of bounds standing in the pocket not even close. Even I was thinking "shouldn't those be intentionally grounding?" they were 20 yards out of bounds!
It’s only intentional if you are under pressure. Just like when he threw on a route where AB stopped. There was no pressure.

I watched the game at Mick's in Mid City so I didn't actually remember the end of the game lol.

Just watching that OPI... lol.

Jimmy Hoffa must have reappeared as the president of the Refs union because these dudes are untouchable despite being awful at their jobs.

It’s only intentional if you are under pressure. Just like when he threw on a route where AB stopped. There was no pressure.
I’ve seen Drew throw at the feet of a AK41 with no pressure (bc it was a busted play) and get flagged for it. Now granted the flag was picked up, but c’mon now, the refs are improvising out there. It’s not out of line to ask for consistency. Technically, there was pressure, just not immediate danger of getting hit or in the grasp. See, if can improvise too. You don’t see many QBs do that bc they know they will get flagged, unlike Tommy Boy

I’ve seen Drew throw at the feet of a AK41 with no pressure (bc it was a busted play) and get flagged for it. Now granted the flag was picked up, but c’mon now, the refs are improvising out there. It’s not out of line to ask for consistency. Technically, there was pressure, just not immediate danger of getting hit or in the grasp. See, if can improvise too. You don’t see many QBs do that bc they know they will get flagged, unlike Tommy Boy
Ever see a QB flagged for throwing it out the back of the end zone???

Well, besides Drew in the NFCC game against Chicago, that is.

Stinkin Refs

Terry McAulay was right. It was clearly OPI.

It wasn't as obvious while being broadcasted live on television, but it's obvious in the all-22 film. The referee that watched that happen a few feet from his face was not bound by television camera angles. Egregious. It reminds me of the infamous no-call in the Rams vs Saints for NFC Championship and the Superbowl.

If I was that referee's boss, he'd be facing discipline or termination.

I don't buy into these ref conspiracies. They make mistakes and blow calls. The Cowboys left a lot of points on the field and their defense is hot garbage. Don't put yourself in a position where a ref call or no call can decide a game
So you’re saying stay in the lockerroom and forfeit? Because if you’re on the field, the refs can decide the game and their is nothing you can do to stop it if they really want. If you say don’t let it be close, but you could score 50 TDs, and they can find a holding call on every one and call them all back if they want, thereby preventing you from opening up the game and not leaving it in the hands if the refs.

Guys, Tampa was penalized MORE than the Cowboys. And the Cowboys Oline literally mugged/bear hugged the Tampa Dline all game.
You cannot just count the number of penalties. You can call 10 offensive holdings on 1st downs against TB, but then call 1 Defensive hands to the face against Dal on 4th and 35 after they had them stopped.
Stat line shows: TB 10 for 100 yds, Dal 1 for 5 yds.
Looks lopsided in favor of Dal
BUT
The refs gave Brady 3 downs to make up that extra 10 yards each time and the Dallas one was giving TB a critical automatic 1st down that kept a deive alive, not to mention it was probably a phantom call that don’t show up in the stats. So, you cant go by the number of penalties to see if they were fair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom