Can't wait for next year! (1 Viewer)

StRonaldo

Pro Armchair QB
Reaction score
I can't wait until next season! Then Duece will be loose ,hopefully, and Reggie will be healthy. PT Cruiser will have had a year in the strength and conditioning program, Brees will still be Brees! The stars will realign in 2008 for a run for the Super Bowl! REMEMBER, NO TEAM has won back to back, SO this year will be totally different.
The defense still worries me , but i have the Faith the front office will get r done! Draft and free agency will help out good this year , i have a feeling. I'm posed ready for my season tickets, i'm telling ya , this is gonna be the year!

Happy Off Season To All Who Dats! Saints go all the Way in 2008!

2008 will be what 2007 was hyped to be.
Brees is better than ever thanks to his season ending form.
Bush, Colston, Harper, Evans, Pierre, Usama et all have one more year's experience.
We will have 2 first rounders thanks to Meachem.
Our front office are not idiots. We will have a much improved defense.
We will have a solid kicker, no matter who it is.
Our D-Line will come back stronger, fitter and faster.
Our O-Line will be solid as they were during the closing of 2007.
Payton is still an amazing coach.
Our offense will still be firing on all cylinders.
I cannot wait. After the amazing offseason moves we will make we will soon all be as excited and optimistic as we were during last summer.

I like the optimism! This team still has a whole lot of talent and a lot of salary cap room. We can get better in a hurry :D

I'm with ya'll. I look forward to the draft, training camp, and preseason to see how things shake out.

I saw on the ESPN that McFadden finally officially declared for the NFL, so that puts another possible offensive player to be taken 1-9 in the draft, giving us a shot one notch up at an immediate contributor to defense (cough linebacker cough).

I agree with all of you, our Coach wants to win and we did go after trouble spots last year, we just struck out, right position, wrong players, and I think Coach Payton will be quick to sit players who aren't performing, this time around....I thought he would be already coming from Parcells Staff.

But this draft is the shaping up to give us a good defensive player (Linebacker) at #10, we got a solid player to help Bush and Duece out in thr run game in Pierre, got a healthy Meachem, who should know the offense better coming into camp, and we are $30mill under the cap for free agents and resigning (Colston, Faine, Smith)

i´m still down after the season , now. so iam not hot for the next season , the draft is in about 100 days and i highly doubt , that we will have an impact draft/offseason , i wouldnt wonder , when we regress ( in terms of standings ) the next season again. i can´t see that payton will lay down his stubborness , so it can happen , that we will draft a offenseplayer again in round 1 and more small-school-reaches in 2-7

I too am full of confidence for the next season. We have a top 10 draft pick and I really think that a lot of people is going to be surprised with Meachem next year. Add to that PT's breakthrough and Deuce's return and we are going to be tough to beat offensively.

I do believe Payton when he said that this team was going to take a thorough look at the D#. We have lost a few coaches and he will be bringing in fresh people and bring in a DLine coach who will be able to make the players listen...If not Payton better make sure they do or get them out of here !!

I also hope we draft a few impact defensive players as well as signing some veterans to lead the way.

All in all I can't wait to see what is going to happen these next months.

GEAUX SAINTS

I'm very excited and curious about this off season. The Coaches and fans both know that this team needs all kinds of help on defense.....will the team be aggressive and fix these problems or will they sit back and let things just fall where they may.

Free Agency and the draft cant get here quick enough for me.... ;)

Great post, ronaldo! :)

With just a little bit of defense, this team can be pretty special. We'll see how things shake out with the draft and FA.. I'm looking forward to it all unfolding in the next few months. :9:

From the rumblings that have been around, it doesn't look like Duece is going to be back next year. However, PT looks like he can fill in just fine :tup2:

will the team be aggressive and fix these problems or will they sit back and let things just fall where they may.

I would be stunned this offseason if Payton doesnt do a major overhaul of the D. He has to be fed up watching the same games we were, all those big plays given up? Payton has to know he will lose his job if it doesnt get fixed.

If Sean Payton can put together an "elite" offense in one off-season, I believe he can do so for the defense this coming off-season.

Last edited:
i would be a LOT more confident for 08 if it wasnt for mckenzie's injury. hopefully we can bring in some playmakers on d.

2007= a Saints season long Pre-season, getting ready for 2008. Bring it on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom