Can't watch the game in Phoenix- Does Teddy look as good as his numbers indicate? (1 Viewer)

Dryheatbob

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Looks pretty good in the box score but how's he look on the field? Still holding the ball too long? Is he making good, quick decisions? It's killing me to know!

He's tentative and has missed some opportunities, but not terrible. He's making good decisions and protecting the ball. And any QB who can run a two minute offense for a TD is doing something right.

No. All dump downs and missed a few big plays. If Brees is in this game is almost over

Tons of penalties, no rhythm and mostly checkdowns until the 2 minutes drive for a TD where I thought he looked good. Spreaded the ball around on that drive (Kamara, Thomas, Ginn and Cook).

Most passes are really short. The Kamara TD pass was a screen pass. He hesitates a lot and makes bad late decisions at times, but so far it no huge mistakes.

I'm sure he's a bit stressed, a lot of weight on his shoulders, and I am certain he will look much better as the next few weeks go on.

The most positive aspect of this game is that we needed the ST and D to step up, and they did so far (first half ended with a 60-something yard throw by Wilson, bad coverage by Lattimore and Williams)

Still a little slow getting it out, he's gotta be nervous

Update: First drive of the second half Teddy looked much more comfortable, made a few passes around, more risks taken, and we got the TD

Pretty good. As others have said, a lot of it has been short stuff. But that's not much different than what we do when Brees is out there as long as we're in a rhythm and it's working.

It also helps that we've played fantastic complementary football so far (other than the fumbled punt, which didn't end up hurting too much).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom