Cantrell no fans for entire September including GB game (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Orleans is not shut down. The Saints played today.

Dead fathers and mothers would be far more damaging than mothers and fathers being unemployed or working less than full time.

I'll risk what I want as long as my bet doesn't have an effect on you. At the point it does then my rights end just like my freedom to swing my fists ends at your nose.

Common man. Do you think the Saints brought any money to New Orleans today.

I'm done with this coversation. Yall aren't intrested in discussion. You just want to belittle, call people idiots, send clown faces and make keyboard threats. Then you wonder why there can't be real discussions about serious issues. The subject was never open for discussion in the first place.

Common man. Do you think the Saints brought any money to New Orleans today.

I'm done with this coversation. Yall aren't intrested in discussion. You just want to belittle, call people idiots, send clown faces and make keyboard threats. Then you wonder why there can't be real discussions about serious issues. The subject was never open for discussion in the first place.

Nobody insulted or threatened you and there can be no real discussion with someone who doesn't care to have one. That's you, my friend. Oddly, most of this board seems to have sided with you rather than prudence.

I find it odd you feel so put upon given that fact, but woe is me. The game didn't bring any money to NOLA today. Well, except for the hundreds of millions in taxable salaries, the food and drink and lodging for the teams and whatnot. And, for what it's worth, it's a far cry better than an actual closed season.

Ironically, the NFL is doing what it has to do to play. They're taking precautions and limiting access and interaction where your argument seems to be that the teams ought to just let everyone do as they please. And to further the team analogy, when everyone does as they please with no regard for an overall plan, you end up with 6m cases and 200k dead as opposed to what could have been.

It has nothing to do with just going. You think the virus is going to stay in the Dome after you leave?

The unwillingness and/or inability of people to grasp the basics of infectious disease transmission is just depressing.

Are people going to party pregame in Champions Square at the same time a fleet of refrigerated trucks is removing the bodies a couple of blocks away? America has endured more COVID19 deaths than combined combat fatalities in WW1, Vietnam and the Korean War put together, and are closing in on WW2 at speed.

This isn't about anything other than saving lives. And that simply cannot be optimally achieved when you give people the choice to go to a (closed) football stadium.

Call me superstitious. If we win with no crowd, keep it rolling the same way until we lose one.

I stayed standing in the same spot in my living room today for half an hour because we were doing so well. In my mind, it worked. :)

Nobody insulted or threatened you and there can be no real discussion with someone who doesn't care to have one. That's you, my friend. Oddly, most of this board seems to have sided with you rather than prudence.

I find it odd you feel so put upon given that fact, but woe is me. The game didn't bring any money to NOLA today. Well, except for the hundreds of millions in taxable salaries, the food and drink and lodging for the teams and whatnot. And, for what it's worth, it's a far cry better than an actual closed season.

Ironically, the NFL is doing what it has to do to play. They're taking precautions and limiting access and interaction where your argument seems to be that the teams ought to just let everyone do as they please. And to further the team analogy, when everyone does as they please with no regard for an overall plan, you end up with 6m cases and 200k dead as opposed to what could have been.

Not to mention the fact that New Orleans isn't shut down in general. The only thing actually shutdown are bars and that's because when they were opened drunken idiot tourists on Bourbon Street couldn't control themselves. Restaurants are open at reduced capacity. The port is open, most if not all businesses downtown are open and doing business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom