Cantrell no fans for entire September including GB game (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the mindset of a delayed re-opening to what the rest of the State is doing. Especially with the population size.
However, New Orleans is almost completely reliant on tourism.

The city would be making a small fortunes on Sunday if bars were allowed to have fans in for games.

Or you know...have limited capacity seating and no tailgating and keep the city in Stage 2 for a while.

This just seems like an inability to compromise.
The city needs to diversify their economy big time. If Katrina or this pandemic isn't going to do it, then I don't know what will.

Whether it’s right or wrong, was kinda of a given when Orleans Parish decided to stay in Phase 2!

Last edited:
I had a pretty good idea how she felt, but it was comical to watch her refuse to answer yes/no (like the president, she's extremely thin skinned when questioned by anyone). It was also pretty funny when they claimed they had no knowledge of Tulane football practicing.

Lol your telling your age , if you didn’t understand her response to his question yesterday! She was clear as day STAGE 2 now was she being a smart a** yeah lol but I don’t think she could’ve been anymore clearly on where she and the city of New Orleans gov stands as it RELATES TO FOOTBALL.

I voted for her before I moved to Houston, but I have serious buyers remorse (I’m sorry I did that to y’all). She isn’t what was promised. She is openly holding saints football hostage for money. And cancelling tourism in a tourism dependent economy. She deserves recall just for the poor workers bodies taking 10 months to get removed.

Not saying that you are wrong, but can you, or anyone, post a link regarding holding the city hostage for $. I’m curious to read about it.

The city needs to diversify their economy big time. If Katrina or this pandemic isn't going to do it, then I don't know what will.
Having worked in investment banking for 3 years in New Orleans, and having rubbed shoulders with folks at GNO Inc. and NOLABA, it’s not for lack of trying. Politicians have no idea how to incubate businesses here in the area, and that is why NO depends so much on Tourism and O&G/the River.

Not saying that you are wrong, but can you, or anyone, post a link regarding holding the city hostage for $. I’m curious to read about it.
It’s in the article linked in the original post. Third paragraph from the end.

That might be viable if the majority of Americans were intelligent and responsible enough to make those kinds of decisions. Unfortunately, that's not the case.
So people aren't smart enough to control their own lives and need a central authority to tell them what to do? Sounds a lot like slavery to me

I am sure she based her decision on the "science" right?!?

The science of money. Economics. Getting $80+ million from Louisiana is more than whatever tax revenue the city can get from 20% of Dome capacity.

Give us our lives back. There have been over a thousand HS games played with no significant uptick in cases. If they can put fans in Tiger stadium for games, then there can be fans in the Dome. Hospitalizations and deaths continue to decline at the rate of 1% per week. PUT FANS IN THE DOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom