Cantrell no fans for entire September including GB game (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having worked in investment banking for 3 years in New Orleans, and having rubbed shoulders with folks at GNO Inc. and NOLABA, it’s not for lack of trying. Politicians have no idea how to incubate businesses here in the area, and that is why NO depends so much on Tourism and O&G/the River.

it goes well beyond that simple answer. There are infrastructure and demographic issues long before , THEN you sprinkle in the politics....no company wants to deal with NO.

So people aren't smart enough to control their own lives and need a central authority to tell them what to do? Sounds a lot like slavery to me
If you're actions only affected you and no one else around you, I'd agree. Funny thing about pandemics is they don't work that way.

And "slavery"? Really? Wow.

it goes well beyond that simple answer. There are infrastructure and demographic issues long before , THEN you sprinkle in the politics....no company wants to deal with NO.
The crime, ridiculous property taxes, infrastructure that's 50 years out of date and a city (residents included) who are obsessed with keeping things the way they've always been contribute too.

As an aside, didn't we recently land a couple companies in bio-sheet and technology that chose us over a couple other cities? (It was about a year ago, IIRC, but not some game changer or anything.)

So she should ignore the data and fact that there will be upticks due to Labor Day weekend?
The data is that cases and % positives are down and that the % positives are lower on Orleans than elsewhere. Basing a decision on what MIGHT happen because of Labor Day weekend is just the opposite of what you state. She is ignoring the FACTS and data and making a decision on speculation that may or may not ever occur.

I'm firmly in the camp of letting people decide.

Make them wear their seat belt (facemask), give them the rules and let them decide if they want to drive.

Never was a fan of a forced shut down of anything. Only exception I understood was hospital capacity. Otherwise it's delaying the inevitable. You are asking for a spike when you try to open up.

Oh well, Saints just wont have fans but we'll see them nearby at LSU. Just like we saw them in KC last night. New Orleanians won't be allowed that decision.

Maybe this is incentive for those still out there on the streets to stop being idiots and follow the guidelines so numbers go down, NOLA enters Phase 3 and people can watch their Saints at the dome sooner.

Just saying.

Maybe this is incentive for those still out there on the streets to stop being idiots and follow the guidelines so numbers go down, NOLA enters Phase 3 and people can watch their Saints at the dome sooner.

Just saying.
Good point. Also the three R’s are in San Antonio so I doubt Gayle would move the team to San Antonio.

I am not sure what her issue is, but I remember telling many of Mitch Landrieu's critics at the time of Cantrell's election how much they would miss Landrieu. Cantrell seems particularly thin-skinned and defensive. Much like another elected official of note, it seems to be all about her.

However, I don't see great utility in having restrictions more stringent than Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. Bernard, and every other parish in the state. And the hospitality and food infrastructure in the city is being crushed, which will result in a loss of jobs that the city cannot sustain. I actually think Governor Edwards has handled Covid-19 very well; when action was demanded, he took it, but he was clear in explaining what he was doing, never became defensive when attacked by his opponents in the legislature and Jeff Landry, and has shown some flexibility in relaxing some restrictions imposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom