Cantrell no fans for entire September including GB game (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that's exactly what they said.

Washington Post Article

"The number of people in the United States who have been infected with the coronavirus is likely to be 10 times as high as the 2.4 million confirmed cases, based on antibody tests, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.

CDC Director Robert Redfield’s estimate, shared with reporters in a conference call, indicates that at least 24 million Americans have been infected so far."

Everywhere else in the state is open to 75% capacity. Still haven't said what's wrong with 25% capacity and masks?

"likely to be" is not the same as "is" and the CDC has been emasculated and turned into a political prop.

There has been clarification and during the time when our testing efforts were not being undermined we got to 6 million cases with positive tests far higher than a 10x ration would portend.

I would argue telling business they can't open and people they can't go to work self-centered when you can take your own precautions instead of imposing them on everyone else to make you feel like you are safer. I think the middle ground is opening everything up but requiring masks and some capacity limits.

No businesses are really shut down and capacity limits and masks have not yet worked.

Self centered is arguing that convenience is more important than our national health.

You have read the studies that show predictions of 400k dead by end of December, right? The same CDC that another is misquoting, right?

No businesses are really shut down and capacity limits and masks have not yet worked.

Self centered is arguing that convenience is more important than our national health.

You have read the studies that show predictions of 400k dead by end of December, right? The same CDC that another is misquoting, right?

New Orleans is shut down right now. The biggest city in our state. It is living off handout from the state because of it. You don't think that is going to cripple not only the people that work there but the whole state. You don't have to do much statistical rigamarole to see the number are in clear decline. Regardless you are just delaying the inevitable. Let the people that are willing to risk it, risk it, you don't have to.

It's not science but basic math.

Trying to simplify it to "basic math" is a big part of your problem. You're not using actual numbers to begin with, and then trying to simplify it to something that probably no one on this board truly understands, unless there are actual disease experts on here.

It's been said a lot and doesn't need to be said again since the remaining people who don't understand it don't want to understand it...

But the flu has a vaccine. Covid currently doesn't. A big reason people can go out like normal during the flu season is due to the vaccines that can create some type of herd immunity.

Second, and probably most important... Covid doesn't act like the flu. It spreads at least twice as fast, which means when precautions aren't taken more people will get sick in a shorter amount of time and overwhelm the healthcare system, which will lead to higher death rates. People with severe symptoms also suffer from it far more than the flu. Herman Cain for example was on a ventilator for a full month and died alone.

And people with symptoms that survive often times have long term health effects such as scar-tissue in their lungs, heart infections such as myocarditis, or higher risk of blood clots.

And then guess what, people that want to deny the seriousness of covid will then say that someone who died of a heart infection that they got after getting covid didn't actually die from covid, so the numbers are inflated. Yeah. Ok. People don't die from aids either... their immune system is destroyed and they die of simple illnesses.

So in short, you could say it's not math but simple science.

Nah, that’s not how it works. The virus has a replication rate of 2.5 in the absence of any restrictions on movement, PPE, etc. One person will have infected 244 within a seven-day period.

To give you an example, person A exercises their right to “choose” to go to a bar. Person A contracts the virus. They go home to their spouse, person B, who had actively opted not to go to the bar. Nevertheless, due to proximity with person A (and living in the same household such transmission is basically a given), person B now has the virus. Person B, now COVID19 positive though asymptomatic initially, attends at their place of work which happens to be an aged care facility. I don’t need to tell you what happens next.

That’s why this fixation with “choice” is misconceived and focused on the wrong types of considerations.

I know a family where only one member got it. The other 3 never got the virus and they all live under the same roof.

Between wearing masks and some distance between seats, the transmission risk is incredibly low.

Let the people that are willing to risk it, risk it, you don't have to.

You do realize that people 'willing to risk it' are forcing the rest of us to take a risk when they say 'Screw science..i wanna live my life without basic protective measures'? The games you want to go to with thousands of people not wearing masks or social distancing is inevitably an incubator that will effect countless others. Does that matter to you?

I know a family where only one member got it. The other 3 never got the virus and they all live under the same roof.

I think we all could give an anecdote. Just like the 'i think i had it back in (insert month)' stories.

We should care more about the statistics, which seem to indicate the rate of transmission is much higher than something like influenza.

You do realize that people 'willing to risk it' are forcing the rest of us to take a risk when they say 'Screw science..i wanna live my life without basic protective measures'? The games you want to go to with thousands of people not wearing masks or social distancing is inevitably an incubator that will effect countless others. Does that matter to you?

That's a pretty extreme sweeping generalization. I'm not against regulations just shutdowns, they should be enforced. If those people concern you that much, don't go.

That's a pretty extreme sweeping generalization. I'm not against regulations just shutdowns, they should be enforced. If those people concern you that much, don't go.

It has nothing to do with just going. You think the virus is going to stay in the Dome after you leave?

The NFL requires masks by all fans in attendance. And social distancing would be required in the dome. It’s not like 75,000 people would be there. So please don’t paint an unrealistic scenario.

• 1Clown
Reactions: dtc
Absolutely stupid call from a typical Democrat Mayor ! You can social distance and everyone wear a mask, and keep your hands clean and everything would be fine but this is how democrats run things, they make everything political !
Bruh, we've seen y'all's bathroom habits (male and female). Leave straight out the stall to the exit, while looking at you at the sink!

New Orleans is shut down right now. The biggest city in our state. It is living off handout from the state because of it. You don't think that is going to cripple not only the people that work there but the whole state. You don't have to do much statistical rigamarole to see the number are in clear decline. Regardless you are just delaying the inevitable. Let the people that are willing to risk it, risk it, you don't have to.

New Orleans is not shut down. The Saints played today.

Dead fathers and mothers would be far more damaging than mothers and fathers being unemployed or working less than full time.

I'll risk what I want as long as my bet doesn't have an effect on you. At the point it does then my rights end just like my freedom to swing my fists ends at your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom