Cap number for 2022 and how much the saints have already committed (1 Viewer)

IMO, the problem will be if Jameis becomes a All-Pro, MVP type player we won't be in the market to get into a bidding war to keep him

So right now, without any movement, we are $600K under the cap.

We will still have to find between this and next year money to accommodate extensions for Lattimore, Ramczyk, Armstead, Williams and Davis.

Not an easy task, but something that can be done.

The amount of picks we have for 2022 will be very important, since we won't be able to be players at the free agent market once again.
compared to 100 million over. loomis is rich next season lol

compared to 100 million over. loomis is rich next season lol
And how is the depth chart?

I mean, situation may look better, but it depends on how many players we will continue to lose and if we are able to replace them accordingly.

Last edited:
And how is the depth chart?

I mean, situation may look better, but it depends on how many players we will continue to lose and if we are able to replace them accordingly.
Extending latt, ram and williams looks like a win win proposition right now. You'd imagine the team wants to keep all three since they are top players at their respective positions and are young. But maybe the players want to hold off on signing until they see how the QB position shakes out, who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think the "kick the can down the road," "Saints are in cap hell" talking points are missing the point. This front office has no problem spending tomorrows money for todays players since the cap goes up every year (yeah I know Covid). I don't think the way the front office handles the cap will ever change, and I'm ok with it. Seems to be working.

I really think the "kick the can down the road," "Saints are in cap hell" talking points are missing the point. This front office has no problem spending tomorrows money for todays players since the cap goes up every year (yeah I know Covid). I don't think the way the front office handles the cap will ever change, and I'm ok with it. Seems to be working.
I also like how they spend on mainly just their players. They seemed to have learned alot from the whole Jarius Byrd signing

IMO, the problem will be if Jameis becomes a All-Pro, MVP type player we won't be in the market to get into a bidding war to keep him
If Jameis or Taysom show themselves to be franchise caliber, you can bet the front office will find a way to sign them. Teams don’t let franchise QBs leave if they believe in them. That is how coaches and GMs lose jobs.

I feel better about next year regardless. It's common to sign a contract where the first year is pennies and the next 3 years cover the bulk of it. The problem this year is we would have to sign players for pennies two years in a row.

This sucks. We haven’t had a lot of free cash for years. Guess that’s the problem when you’re team is good. Just wish we could get some fas. This off season was boring and our team did not get better

I did some number crunching and if the Saints can get Jordan, Thomas, Kamara, and Peat to restructure or extend, they'll free up a lot of cash. I don't think it will be enough to re-sign all their key free agents and also land a franchise QB, but they'll at least not get gutted in back to back seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom