Cap question (1 Viewer)

mrjoe05

Rookie
Reaction score
I know, I'm wayyyy ahead of myself, and I don't know much about cap issues...but what if Colston continues to be Colston over the next couple of seasons and its time to re-sign him...would we have the cap space to keep him?

I know, I'm wayyyy ahead of myself, and I don't know much about cap issues...but what if Colston continues to be Colston over the next couple of seasons and its time to re-sign him...would we have the cap space to keep him?

Who knows exactly? We are talking at least the end of his second season before we can even think about it.

Between now and then, too much could go on... Benson may decide to become the next Dan Snyder and spend spend spend, not likely, but too many things to factor in....

Most likely, as the cap goes up every year and Micky is known for managing the cap, but again too long a time and too much could happen before then.

One question for yourself: Would you find a way to sign the league leading reciever?

I know this is not a great source but in one of the Czar's blog posts some time ago he wrote:

"Heading into this week, there was $149.4 million of salary-cap room league-wide, topped by those Cinderella-like New Orleans Saints with $10,951,281 in extra money to spend.

There are 10 teams with between $7 to $8.5 million in salary-cap space, headed by New England, Philadelphia, Arizona, Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City and San Francisco. "

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/NFL_Czar

Personally, I think we have some of the best number crunchers on staff, which means we do not have to waste our time worrying about any of that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom