Cap Space (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Over the Cap has us at 16 million with Jenkins restructuring his contract, I still think we extend Warford and reduce his hit along with Davis

with all the moves I saw that to say I think one more big move FA is coming I thought maybe Griffin or Ogletree and a WR along with backup QB but if Mickey wants I think he can Sign Clowney and Ogletree along with still getting our backup QB

I guess we will see maybe this is why Clowney hasn’t signed he wot get a multi year deal and said he wanted to be with a contender

Over the Cap has us at 16 million with Jenkins restructuring his contract, I still think we extend Warford and reduce his hit along with Davis

with all the moves I saw that to say I think one more big move FA is coming I thought maybe Griffin or Ogletree and a WR along with backup QB but if Mickey wants I think he can Sign Clowney and Ogletree along with still getting our backup QB

I guess we will see maybe this is why Clowney hasn’t signed he wot get a multi year deal and said he wanted to be with a contender
Love Warford and thankful for his contributions but I hope we don’t extend. Think he’s now on the decline.

If we in fact have 16 million we need to keep Bell. While having Clowney would be nice that, in my opinion is not a great fit. Financially or X’s and O’s.

It is missing Peat, M. Jenkins, Sanders, Hardee, Nichols, Burton, and Spence.

I don't think we're extending Warford. I think we have no intentions of resigning him.

Many were absolutely certain that was true with Peat, and that proved to be wrong.

Wardaddy will show us where he's at and what he's got left this season. Unless we get in a pinch, I don't see us touching his contract this season. We've kicked enough cap hits to next year already without adding more unless it's absolutely necessary.

Many were absolutely certain that was true with Peat, and that proved to be wrong.

Wardaddy will show us where he's at and what he's got left this season. Unless we get in a pinch, I don't see us touching his contract this season. We've kicked enough cap hits to next year already without adding more unless it's absolutely necessary.

Yep I thought Peat and he were both gonna be gone.

It is missing Peat, M. Jenkins, Sanders, Hardee, Nichols, Burton, and Spence.
Only Peat, M. Jenkins, and Sanders are significant from a cap perspective. The salary cap counts the 51 top salaries, as a result, salaries below $750,000 are all basically a wash.

If I could choose ONE more free agent signing this offseason and cap space wasn't an issue, it would be Griffin. I'd be cool with Clowney too, but I don't see as much of a fit. But Griffin opposite Cam... and with our secondary coverage upgrades... Our pass rush would be scary.

I'm just glad the accounting part isn't my problem. Though it would be a great paying gig, I suck at math, and I have no clue what we're going to do when it's time to pay Latt, Kamara, Ram, Rankins, etc. Those are some big numbers coming up. Pushing tons of money down the road at this point makes me nervous, but again Loomis always seems to find a way.

Right so I think the Peat extension says a lot. Whether how you or I feel about this play, Payton complained about the interior oline play down the stretch last season. Peat just got paid, McCoy had rookie mistakes but was good and was praised for his play at times - so I think that's telling how the team views Warford. I could be totally wrong, but I'm just reading between the lines. I thought the interior oline play was referring to Peat, but i was obviously incorrect about that.

Only Peat, M. Jenkins, and Sanders are significant from a cap perspective. The salary cap counts the 51 top salaries, as a result, salaries below $750,000 are all basically a wash.
Assuming the others got cheap deals. I haven't found terms from any of those other deals.

Yes but when the season starts it counts everybody on the active roster plus those on the practice squad

Sorry but this is not counting:

M. Jenkins
Sanders
Peat
Burton
Hardee
J. Jenkins (restructure)

Sportrac has us at 18.9 million but isn't accounting for Onyemata, but overthecap is, which explains the difference.

My guess is most of the cap space is gone, the restructure of Jenkins was probably done in order to sign Sanders.

Roughly guessing $8 million for Peat, $5 million Jenkins and $5 million for Sanders, that's $18 million. Then the restructure got us back under 16 million total so we could sign everyone, including Burton and Hardee who probably figured into less than a half million in additional cap spaced above the minimum of the 51st player.

So I think we are done with free agency, other than a fringe player or two for depth and camp bodies.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom