Caption this pic #547 (1 Viewer)

"Hey Walter, give me a call when you're all beat up and at the end of your career. I need a replacement for Earl."

"Hey Bum, as bad as it might seem, you could always be Rich Kotite"

"Hello, I am the new NFL rushing champion"

This was the day he broke Jim Brown's record.

I thought Walter broke that record later against Mora's team?

No, actually you were right. Man, I was thinking it was later than that. I feel old.

Over the years, a lot of players have had record days against the Saints. :jpshakehead:

Man you are not kidding about that. It seems like there was always some streak being set against the Saints or some record broken. And a lot of times it wasn't that the Saints were so bad, it was just that a team or player happened to be close to the record when they played the Saints.

Trivia question - Who tackled him on that play when he broke the record?

I met Walter in the 90's - he introduced himself to me!!! That's the kind of guy he was. Classiest celebrity I've ever heard of.

Man you are not kidding about that. It seems like there was always some streak being set against the Saints or some record broken. And a lot of times it wasn't that the Saints were so bad, it was just that a team or player happened to be close to the record when they played the Saints.
Not to mention the rule changes that happened after they called it on the Saints. Archies pass to Wes Chandler. The ref said there is no interference because he couldn't catch the ball. The rule was instituted the next year.:idunno:

Trivia question - Who tackled him on that play when he broke the record?

I'm guessing it was a linebacker or corner since I think he gained 7 or 8 yards on that play. Rickey Jackon? Dennis Winston? Russell Gary? Frank Wattelet?

lol, never mind. I was close, it was a linebacker...Jim Kovach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom