Car insurance in Louisiana (1 Viewer)

Perfect timing for this thread for me.

Just this week, I pulled the plug on my State Farm agent after 44 years of being with State Farm, on all of my insurance.

What a lot of people do that have been committed for many years, could be decades, to an insurance agent, is they become complacent and are not getting the best rates. State Farm ever so slowly over the years kept marginally raising my premiums. It really is a great strategy on their part and totally my fault, for not realizing how we were being taken advantage of for being longstanding customers.

We switched over to All State for auto and homeowners, along with flood. Flood is flood,, no matter what insurance company you are with. We also shopped for term life insurance rates and found much better rates. Was able to purchase almost twice as much coverage for the next 15 years for half the premium we were being charged by State Farm. Again, all my fault, for just paying every month for year after year, and not doing proper research.

At the end of moving all of our insurance, we are now saving $2100/year in auto insurance premiums, for a family of 4. Term insurance premiums have been cut in half, for twice the coverage.

All said, we are still paying $500/month for auto insurance on 4 cars, compared to $725/month on 4 cars, with State Farm. And our deductibles are cut in half as well, from 1000/500, to 500/250.

Bottom line., Shop around and simply do not be complacent! I know it can be a pain in the behind, but by shopping around, we are now paying about $475/month less for all insurance. It took me about 4 months to do my research and ultimately move all of our insurance over to other providers.

Another Article I came across today talking about the Bill that was killed in the Senate.

Today They Killed The Effort To Lower Car Insurance In Louisiana…

But last week when the bill went to Judiciary A, the five trial lawyers out of seven members of the committee (chairman Rick Ward, vice chairman Jay Luneau, Ryan Gatti, Danny Martiny and John Milkovich) insisted on it being sent to the Legislative Fiscal Office for a fiscal note. That was a dilatory tactic in order to move the bill back a week, in hopes that they wouldn’t have to go on record voting to keep the state’s insurance rates the highest in the country.

• 1Like
Reactions: You
Perfect timing for this thread for me.

Just this week, I pulled the plug on my State Farm agent after 44 years of being with State Farm, on all of my insurance.

What a lot of people do that have been committed for many years, could be decades, to an insurance agent, is they become complacent and are not getting the best rates. State Farm ever so slowly over the years kept marginally raising my premiums. It really is a great strategy on their part and totally my fault, for not realizing how we were being taken advantage of for being longstanding customers.

We switched over to All State for auto and homeowners, along with flood. Flood is flood,, no matter what insurance company you are with. We also shopped for term life insurance rates and found much better rates. Was able to purchase almost twice as much coverage for the next 15 years for half the premium we were being charged by State Farm. Again, all my fault, for just paying every month for year after year, and not doing proper research.

At the end of moving all of our insurance, we are now saving $2100/year in auto insurance premiums, for a family of 4. Term insurance premiums have been cut in half, for twice the coverage.

All said, we are still paying $500/month for auto insurance on 4 cars, compared to $725/month on 4 cars, with State Farm. And our deductibles are cut in half as well, from 1000/500, to 500/250.

Bottom line., Shop around and simply do not be complacent! I know it can be a pain in the behind, but by shopping around, we are now paying about $475/month less for all insurance. It took me about 4 months to do my research and ultimately move all of our insurance over to other providers.

There is no doubt that shopping it will do one of two things...either result in cheaper premiums or verification that you are currently paying "the going rate".

Everyone thinks its such a hassle, and it can be at times, but 9 times out of 10 , the results are worth it.

Same in the commercial side of P & C.

There is no doubt that shopping it will do one of two things...either result in cheaper premiums or verification that you are currently paying "the going rate".

Everyone thinks its such a hassle, and it can be at times, but 9 times out of 10 , the results are worth it.

Same in the commercial side of P & C.

Then why do insurance companies put the screws to good, long standing clients? It doesn't make sense to me.

I recently moved carriers as well and saved money with more coverage. I can understand moving on from a cleint that has a history of claims, etc., but why alienate good customers with constant increases in premiums? I can only assume the vast majority of clients refuse to shop around and they can make more money by sticking it to good, long-standing customers.

Then why do insurance companies put the screws to good, long standing clients? It doesn't make sense to me.

I recently moved carriers as well and saved money with more coverage. I can understand moving on from a cleint that has a history of claims, etc., but why alienate good customers with constant increases in premiums? I can only assume the vast majority of clients refuse to shop around and they can make more money by sticking it to good, long-standing customers.

We were with Progressive about 8 years ago, and we had just bought our house. We tried to bundle the car/home insurance together. our home insurance was astronomically high. we called State Farm and it was MUCH cheaper. I wanna say over a $1000 a year difference. My wife usually shops around every couple years now. They don't care about loyalty, why should I?
The personalization of most companies are gone. You are now just a number in the system. so to me, they are just a number in my checkbook.

Bill ressurected... Attached to another bill in House.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom