Cardboard Christmas Tree: Yay or Nay? (1 Viewer)

Cardboard Christmas Tree

• Yay! Different, I love it

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Nay! Burn it with fire (literally)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Meh - I can take it or leave it

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
ASBURY PARK, N.J. (AP) — It has been called beautiful, awesome and brilliant, a transcendent work of art that reimagines the holiday experience with local touches of the Jersey Shore.

It also has been called ridiculous, ugly and hideous, something akin to a pile of Amazon shipping boxes or a giant cat-scratching post.

Good grief!

A fresh-cut natural Christmas tree usually graces the Grand Arcade at Convention Hall on Asbury Park’s historic boardwalk.

But this year, in its place is art made of cardboard in the shape of a tree that also incorporates elements of the seashore, the city’s architecture and its rich musical heritage, which most notably includes Bruce Springsteen. It is designed to be recycled after it is dismantled……

EC5D7A93-0816-407C-B709-135DA45DF617.jpeg

E7D4CF8C-4C19-4C2A-9387-8D1BFE0205A7.jpeg

I think its kinda cool except for the green base.

It's a really cool historic building that from what I understand almost got destroyed by Sandy, and was just recently restored. Maybe as a town they decided to stop pushing mother nature's buttons and are leaving the trees outside (the mayor did say they would have a traditional outdoor tree lighting)

Well it is pretty flammable, unlike a real...wait, nvm.

It is as beautiful as it is hideous.
It’s like that woman you’re trying very hard to be attracted to, but it’s not working. She’s nice and sweet but looks like your uncle Joe in the face. You know what I’m talkin’ about?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom