Cardinal release Early Doucet (1 Viewer)

Ok, not trying to pick on you in particular, but there is so much wrong with this argument. Just because your defense needs more work than your offense, it doesn't mean you can't improve your offense. As a matter of fact, if we don't continue to look for offensive players, in just a couple of years, you'll be saying "offense please." That's how the NFL works. If you ever have a chance to upgrade at a certain position, you do it. With that said, I don't think Early is an upgrade.

Maybe, but the reality is that when you have highly limited cap space and pressing needs on one side of the ball, it makes more sense to focus resources towards fixing those defensive issues. Receiver is low on the list of priorities right now and there's not a lot of room for planning for the future. It's just the current economic nature of the team.

Maybe, but the reality is that when you have highly limited cap space and pressing needs on one side of the ball, it makes more sense to focus resources towards fixing those defensive issues. Receiver is low on the list of priorities right now and there's not a lot of room for planning for the future. It's just the current economic nature of the team.

I disagree. We'll be bringing in at least one WR in free agency and one in the draft. Right now we have two proven receivers on the team and that is it. Morgan is still a wild card. I was one of the few still singing his praise when everyone else wanted to cut him early last season but he is still a young WR with only 10 catches.

Toon could be great, could be so injury prone he never gets on the field. We have a lot of young guys with upside but that is it.

Imagine if Toon is injured or just isn't that good, he is an unknown and most 4th round WRs don't make it in the NFL. Then imagine if Colston or Moore go down for any length of time. We'd be looking at Moore as our #1, Morgan as our #2 and maybe a guy like Andy Tanner at #3.

We also aren't very young at WR. Colston and Moore will both turn 30 during the season.

He drops a.lot of catchable balls

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

He'd probably tweek a hammy in he locker room getting taped up....the guy is an accident waiting to happen....

I loved him as a tiger but it seems like he could never shake that groin issue.I wouldn't be opposed to at least a workout though.

or back to St Martinville

Interesting story: I met Early Doucet at a legal cockfight (right before they were banned) in St. Martinville right before he got drafted.

BTW, if you're ever invited to a cockfight, don't go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom