Cardinals are planning to trade Patrick Peterson before the deadline. (1 Viewer)

Man I’ll be honest, if it means another super bowl victory, to hell with the future, I’ll die happy if we win a bowl in Atlanta, let’s do this baby.

That's basically what the Rams are also doing, right?

That's basically what the Rams are also doing, right?

Indeed.
No matter how improbable it is, I’ll admit it makes me giddy thinking of having Marshon and Patrick as our starting boundary corners. Whoa. To me that would be the best top two in the league.

Lmbo who’s the wiseguy???
Was looking up his age and stats and look who it says he plays for. I know one of y’all jokers did this. Made my heart jump lol.

And I did not do this nor is it a shock post. Arhough it shocked the heck out of me hahaha.

@Madmarsha @saints4eva one of y’all do this??? Lol
This was covered already about 30 posts ago. Pfffttt. But surrusly, no, I never think to do stuff like that. But it's gotta be someone here!

This was covered already. Pfffttt. But surrusly, no, I never think to do stuff like that. But it's gotta be someone here!

Lol.
Oh it definitely is. And I’m gonna go on record and say I’d love to have him. And I care not where he played college ball as I don’t watch college. I just think he’s a shutdown stud corner.

I would be beyond amazed if Loomis could pull this off. He makes it happen but this would be a biblical type move. I would totally give up next year's 2nd. Who could we draft in the 2nd round that's a better cb than Peterson? The money is where we have a problem like others have said but it's fun to think about.

Agreed but no one will give up a 1 for a 28 year old corner. A second yes! They may end up giving him up for a 3 and a 6 or somenthing like that

Funny that I got a dislike about this. Looks like that 3rd and 6 might not be far off.

From Rev Deuce:

For reminder/reference.

Marcus Peters was traded for a 2018 4th and and a 2019 2nd

Peters is younger/entering his prime (in theory) where as Pat is 28 and "leaving" his (in theory)

Is our team a #2 cornerback away from winning it all?

Is there a top 5 cornerback available?

If the answers to all these questions is yes, make the trade.

Is our team a #2 cornerback away from winning it all?

Is there a top 5 cornerback available?

If the answers to all these questions is yes, make the trade.

I know it’s a pipe dream but man I am beyond excited at even the thought of Patrick being a Saint. I really believe he would bump us up into favorite status.
And Drew flat out deserves for us to go all in. That man has been all in for us for so long and our defenses have held him back. I promise you if Mickey and Sean think it could work, they will do it. Every member of our team and staff wants a ring for Drew. Imo.

2019 2nd + 2020 2nd gets it done.

With 2 years left on the deal after this year, Peterson's contract can be re-structured to make it fit under the cap for this season.

If we are truly "all in" for Drew, this is a move we HAVE to make.

As both the Cards & P. Peterson are on the move, there been a lot of speculations that the Saints might be the most possible destination for former LSU Tigers star. Personally, I'm all in if the rumors are true BUT we don't have the cap space nor draft picks to get him. UNLESS we draft our some 2020 picks.

https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2018/10/patrick_peterson_cardinals_tra.html
Loomis can make cap space by converting some money into bonus money for a player or two. If we want to win the Super Bowl the next two years then trade a 2019 4th and 2020 2nd which is similar to the Marcus Peters deal and get it done.

2019 2nd + 2020 2nd gets it done.

With 2 years left on the deal after this year, Peterson's contract can be re-structured to make it fit under the cap for this season.

If we are truly "all in" for Drew, this is a move we HAVE to make.

My goodness I’m getting too excited at this without it having legs. And I agree!

View: https://youtu.be/CUPDRnUWeBA

But wait, why would Cardinals trade him? You don't just trade good players because the team is bad ;);););)

Peterson is as close to a shut-down corner as there is in today's NFL. Don't be surprised when this happens. Loomis can easily fit his contract into the salary cap by extending a couple of players and a small restructure to Peterson's contract. I think a 2019 2nd gets it done. What more do the Saints need for a two year Super Bowl run? Who is the second round in the 2019 draft will help us win this year, nobody of course. Would they help in 2019? Who knows.

QB: Hall of Fame QB, with two legit backup QB's. (I think they extend Teddy for the future.)
WR: That's covered.
RB: Double that.
TE: I think we are ok there.
O-Line: One of the best in the NFL.

D-Line: Amazing and young.
LB: OK, we might need a little help here, but good.
CB: With Peterson, maybe the best group in the NFL, if not, the group is at least top 5.
Safety: I would say we are OK there as well.

K: Check
P: Check, but he doesn't have to punt often.

Make it happen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom