Cardinals to release FS Kerry Rhodes (1 Viewer)

InTheFade82

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld Arizona will release Kerry Rhodes who was coming off a "phenomenal" 2012 season. Also mentions he'll be 31 in August.

I really want to the Saints to bring in some veteran competition for both Safety spots.

Per Rotoworld Arizona will release Kerry Rhodes who was coming off a "phenomenal" 2012 season. Also mentions he'll be 31 in August.

I really want to the Saints to bring in some veteran competition for both Safety spots.

why would we need another safety that cant catch a cold or cover a TE?

:ezbill:

Cardinals also just signed George Bergoglio

I love this time of year. Some fans have a throw a dart at the bullseye blindfolded mentality.

Rhodes was selected to the list after battling injuries much of the 2011 season. Pro Football Focus gives Rhodes high marks for his coverage ability, but notes he is also an excellent all-around safety. Rhodes is third on the Cardinals with 55 total tackles. He also has 11 pass deflections and four interceptions.

Kerry Rhodes, Calais Campbell are Pro Bowlers, says PFF - SB Nation Arizona

Rhodes was selected to the list after battling injuries much of the 2011 season. Pro Football Focus gives Rhodes high marks for his coverage ability, but notes he is also an excellent all-around safety. Rhodes is third on the Cardinals with 55 total tackles. He also has 11 pass deflections and four interceptions.

Kerry Rhodes, Calais Campbell are Pro Bowlers, says PFF - SB Nation Arizona

I've never been a fan of Rhodes, but he played surprisingly well last year. Might have just been a schematic change or personnel in front of him.

In all honesty "He also has 11 pass deflections and four interceptions" this is infinitely better than what we had last year.

If he comes on a 2-3 year deal for no more than 4.5 million a year.
If we signed him I'd probably also want to cut Harper

This is right up our alley here. Veteran, can still play, light-years better than what we have, and probably not too awfully expensive. If we got him, Cox, and Asemough, we may be able to carry Harper as a blitzer or a mentor to Quddus for a year.

This is right up our alley here. Veteran, can still play, light-years better than what we have, and probably not too awfully expensive. If we got him, Cox, and Asemough, we may be able to carry Harper as a blitzer or a mentor to Quddus for a year.

My thoughts exactly.

When Lofton and Hawthorne came in to visit last year I thought we'd have to puck one over the other. But as we all know we signed the both of them.

Now I wonder if the Saints plan on signing both Keenan Lewis and Derek Cox? We could be looking at a very different secondary next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom