Cards waive CB Trumaine Brock (2 Viewers)

These late-season waiver guys ... are these potentially more guys that the Saints would bring in to "stash" somehow more than guys to come in and play immediately?

I remember someone decent (not amazing) coming on board with the Saints pretty late in 2015 and getting a little run. Gotta go research who it was.

These late-season waiver guys ... are these potentially more guys that the Saints would bring in to "stash" somehow more than guys to come in and play immediately?

I remember someone decent (not amazing) coming on board with the Saints pretty late in 2015 and getting a little run. Gotta go research who it was.

Some players, maybe. But not Brock. He’s really been good this year and there’s no chance he falls to us on waivers.

I’m just hoping he doesn’t end up with another good NFC team.

It was Travaris Cadet, picked up off of waivers on 12/23/2015. The 49ers had waived him that week.

A later post mentions this was Cadet. But if memory serves, Mike Bell was a late-season waiver-wire pickup for us in 2008 and, of course, played in integral role in the SB season a year later.

A later post mentions this was Cadet. But if memory serves, Mike Bell was a late-season waiver-wire pickup for us in 2008 and, of course, played in integral role in the SB season a year later.
I replied to myself with the Cadet post :D

I found a good site to look up old transactions (well, since 2012 anyway). I see also that Willie Snead was a December 2014 pick-up. Not a waiver transaction, though, as he has been released from Carolina's practice squad a few weeks prior.

a cover corner can transition well to another team but if Latt and Apple are healthy I am not sure we need one. And as stated we cant count on anything falling to us in waiver.

Either Keim in Arizona is a total idiot or PFF doesn't know how to properly grade CBs.

I'm guessing the latter.

I replied to myself with the Cadet post :D

I found a good site to look up old transactions (well, since 2012 anyway). I see also that Willie Snead was a December 2014 pick-up. Not a waiver transaction, though, as he has been released from Carolina's practice squad a few weeks prior.

March 2014 Signed Jarius Byrd. Superbowl!!!!

Just for the heck of it, I checked:

The Saints can't trade their 2020 7th rounder to Cincinnati to pick up Brock for them. The Giants own the Saints' 2020 7th round pick as part of the Eli Apple trade.

Is Brock worth dangling the 2020 6th round pick? I dunno.

I'm kind of surprised by that move. Trumaine is still a talented corner that can help.

I guarantee you that a team headed to the playoffs will be calling him sooner rather than later.

Just for the heck of it, I checked:

The Saints can't trade their 2020 7th rounder to Cincinnati to pick up Brock for them. The Giants own the Saints' 2020 7th round pick as part of the Eli Apple trade.

Is Brock worth dangling the 2020 6th round pick? I dunno.
We're way past the trade deadline. Can't make trades for this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom