Carl Granderson sentenced to 6 months (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the fan reactions like this dude was an anchor piece of the defense.
Isn't this his rookie year and he was undrafted?

Didn't we sign Mario Edwards and Wes Horton in the off season?
We still have Hendrickson.

I mean, it sucks losing anyone right before camp, but this dude would have been a long shot anyways right?

It was his potential and his elite burst that had people excited

This is a sad day for the young men of America. This judge is obviously biased in some way. She... yes She wants to make an example of a young athlete who did nothing illegal under the circumstances. But in that environment, was injustly made to accept a sentance not comensurate with the facts of the case. men everywhere shold stand up and shout about this injustice. it could be your son next.

I think it's definitely reasonable for him to try something with the grown women who've decided to share his bed, but if they're to be believed, they pushed him away several times. However, from what I've read, at no point did either girl say "no" or "stop" during this time. The part that confuses me the most is that both girls who were repeatedly "assaulted" by this guy during the night just decided to go back to sleep next to him. I would expect them to try to leave, or at least sleep in the living room. It doesn't make sense imo.

There are so many factors in a situation like this that no one, even the people involved, will not 100% agree about what happened and how it happened. Even if they are being truthful, and no mental altering substances were involved, perception and experience effects your view. It could fall along a spectrum depending on so many factors. Since we know so few facts it's difficult to know.

So this whole thing is just their words against his? There's not evidence of what happened? Why did he ever confess and plead no contest? How would they prove it in court?

So this whole thing is just their words against his? There's not evidence of what happened? Why did he ever confess and plead no contest? How would they prove it in court?
As a black male, I can tell you why he made a plea deal. He is large dark skin male in Wyoming; do you think he thought he would get a fair trail? If the “victims” were white females, that would be a double whammy for an African American male (living in a predominantly white area where 2 white females accuse you of unwanted sexual acts). I don’t do know all the facts but if these are part of the factors, I could see why he wouldn’t want to go to trial.

I know when I was his age nothing would have been done about this kind of behavior, but i don't think people should have carte blanche to molest other people, even if they are lying fully clothed on the same bed. I think the sentence is stern but nothing extreme.

It read like something I would of tried in highschool and when the girl denied me I took the hint and would go to sleep...hell, it reads like when my wife denies me in bed because she not in the mood....wow...times really have changed...you go to jail for shooting your shot with a woman who's in the bed with you...I thought it was more some type of forceful aggressive behavior...again...IT READS like he was checking the temperature of the woman and they shut him down.
Apparently it wasn't one woman, but two and he molested both.

It's a sad day indeed... that some men think that he did nothing wrong.
I would not say he did not do anything wrong. But from the information we have can you condemn him? We're almost to the age where you are wrong just because someone says you are wrong. There is black and white but there are also shades of gray. I'm not a religious person but it makes me think of Those without sin cast the 1st stone.

6 months. .. dang
If I was a young man growing up these
days I'd have major surveillance throughout my dwelling. Get a Tera byte system that runs continuous for 6 months at a clip.
No more he said she said, here's the tape.

It's a sad day indeed... that some men think that he did nothing wrong.
I showed the police report to my wife and didn’t tell her anything about his sentence. I simply asked her what a fair punishment would be. When I told her, she agreed that it was a travesty. She also said a misdemeanor and fine is the most he should’ve gotten, and that the sentence is very suspicious. She suspected money. It wouldn’t surprise me if they threatened to claim an assault if he didn’t pay them. I worry about this precedent because I have 2 young boys.

I showed the police report to my wife and didn’t tell her anything about his sentence. I simply asked her what a fair punishment would be. When I told her, she agreed that it was a travesty. She also said a misdemeanors and fine is the most he should’ve gotten, and that the sentence is very suspicious. ... I worry about this precedent because I have 2 young boys.
Do you and your wife know what the standard sentencing is in Wyoming for what he plead guilty to? Have both of you read the court transcripts?

Teach your 2 young boys not to molest someone while they are sleeping and not to keep grabbing at someone after the first time they've been pushed away. If you teach them that, then they should both be fine in regards to getting in trouble for the same thing Granderson plead guilty to doing.

Last edited:
Do you and your wife know what the standard sentencing is in Wyoming for what he plead guilty to? Have both of you read the court transcripts?

Teach your 2 young boys not to molest someone when the are asleep and not to keep grabbing at someone after they've been pushed away the first time. If you teach them that, then they should both be fine.

It’s all “he said/she said” bull snip. The women knew exactly what was going to happen. I mean, they are in college after all. I am all for female rights, but all of this stuff is going to eventually backfire on them. The real victims of domestic abuse are going to suffer the consequences because of things like this.

Note: None of us were there, so none of us have the right to cast stones. I apologize if I did, but there is so many things that are much worse than this that doesn’t get reported. I want those women to come forward and the ones who are wrecking their potential credibility to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom