Carl Granderson sentenced to 6 months (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys are really creeping me out. "Without consent". These women did not consent to being touched in a sexual way. No amount of expectation or money spent or fame or future earnings on the part of Granderson gave him permission to touch them when no physical relationship or discussions of one had occurred.

Rape does not have to be violent. It doesn't have to be menacing. It doesn't have to be conducted by a stranger in a shed with a knife. And sexual assault doesn't have to be grabbing some money and pulling them down an alley and having your way with them. This was sexual assualt.

Granderson may be a good kid, but he made a very bad mistake, and deserves to suffer some consequence for it. a six-month sentence, and having to wait a year to start your NFL career don't seem like that egregious a punishment for touching two girls in their most sensitive places when they did not want you to.

If a woman doesn't want the possibility of having her privates touched maybe she shouldn't get in bed with a man.

Are the "victims" white?

Is it likely he only does about 90 days with good behavior?

If a woman doesn't want the possibility of having her privates touched maybe she shouldn't get in bed with a man.

Are the "victims" white?

Is it likely he only does about 90 days with good behavior?
Yeah. How dare they be the victim of unwanted sexual contact? I mean, what were they thinking, asking for it like that?

I think it's definitely reasonable for him to try something with the grown women who've decided to share his bed, but if they're to be believed, they pushed him away several times. However, from what I've read, at no point did either girl say "no" or "stop" during this time. The part that confuses me the most is that both girls who were repeatedly "assaulted" by this guy during the night just decided to go back to sleep next to him. I would expect them to try to leave, or at least sleep in the living room. It doesn't make sense imo.
EXACTLY. You Couldn't have been assaulted and then go back to sleep. and the he get up and leave you in his bed. This stinks, and it is sad that we are taking everything to the extreme without considering the real facts of the incident.

They all fell asleep watching a movie. They also rebuffed him several times according to their complaint.

No one was "asking for it."

He said, she said. Scary that you can go to jail so easily with no evidence.

They were in his bed! If that's not asking for it, what is?
Did you know that, if mid sex, your partner changes his/her mind and asks you to stop, you are no longer involved in a consensual sexual encounter, and if you continue against their request you are in fact commiting rape?

Being in his bed doesn't give him ownership of their bodies to use as he sees fit.

I am leaving this thread very disappointed. I thoughthe conversation will focus on some things we know: the saints taking a gamble with a player facing legal situations, and the consequences in the immediate and future of the player with the team.

Instead, I find a lot of empty opinions on something clearly fellow posters don’t have opinions based on information or understanding.

I understand that everyone has opinion, but I would prefer for some would kept them when the matter merits a different forum, and a higher level of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom