Carl Granderson sentenced to 6 months (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The higher level of discussion IS taking place. It's about what constitutes consent.

Consent cannot be given when the victim(s) are asleep.

It is impossible to know the truth about what happened unless you are actually there, and none of us were. Unwanted touching is wrong, but if I'm the parent of those girls, I'm asking them what the hell they were thinking going to sleep in some dude's bed.

Having said that, I hope the young man learns from his mistake and makes it in the NFL. And if he's as good as he is, I hope he sticks with the Saints. No reason to believe he doesn't deserve a second chance.

Did you know that, if mid sex, your partner changes his/her mind and asks you to stop, you are no longer involved in a consensual sexual encounter, and if you continue against their request you are in fact commiting rape?

Being in his bed doesn't give him ownership of their bodies to use as he sees fit.
If she asks you to stop? There was no verbal communication to that effect according to testimony. Listen if you are in a circle with friends and someone passes you a Joint you turn up your nose and pass it to the next person. when that Joint comes around again you are still sitting in the circle. So I pass it to you again. as long as you don't remove yourself form the circle or state I don't want this then it is reasonable to assume that you may at some point want a hit just not this second unless you voice an objection or remove yourself from the situation. the judge in this case was harsh because she said that she thought the defendant betrayed the trust of the alleged victims. Last time I looked betraying someone's trust wasn't a crime.. Yes this is Wyoming. the protected territory of Mark Furman. I believe OJ killed his wife... But he got away with it Because of an Overzealous Racist cop. See past the racism and see that this guy had a deal worked out with the DA because he decided it was in his best interest to do so for many reasons. This judge decided that wasn't good enough ...not based on the evidence... but she felt he betrayed their trust.... injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere. This should never have happened. It should not matter if the alleged victims were white or if the defendant or accused was black or white. The field is not even. This is Me Too Movement gone haywire. and this Certainly isn't rape as you chose to use in your example.

I would stand up and go toe-to-toe with any player on this roster, but this guy scares me.

For those wondering what exactly he did, here's the redacted police report's account of the charges:

According to the affidavit, the victims went to university police with a sexual assault complaint on the morning of Nov. 26, alleging Granderson had “touched them sexually, without their permission, while they were sleeping” after watching a movie at Granderson’s off-campus apartment the night before.

Victim 2 said she was awakened in the bed where all three of them were sleeping when Granderson touched her right breast with his left hand. She said Granderson did this three times, and each time she moved his arm and hand away from her body, according to the affidavit, before moving closer toward Victim 1 to try to create more distance between herself and Granderson.
According to the affidavit, Granderson reached over to pull her back toward him, and she felt his genitals against her body. The victim told investigators after she felt his hand in her pants, she sat up, moved toward the opposite side of the bed and complained of the heat in the room, at which point Granderson removed his hand, rolled over and turned on a fan, according to the affidavit.

Victim 1 also alleged she woke up when she felt Granderson’s hand “touching her buttocks,” according to the affidavit, and that she knew it was Granderson’s hand because it was much larger than Victim 2’s hands. The woman told police Granderson touched her genitals, prompting her to roll over onto her belly, which caused his hand to come out of her pants. She also recalled Victim 2 sitting up in bed at one point that morning and making a comment about how hot it was in the room, according to the affidavit.

Sounds like they had a threesome the night before. Just sayin

If she asks you to stop? There was no verbal communication to that effect according to testimony. Listen if you are in a circle with friends and someone passes you a Joint you turn up your nose and pass it to the next person. when that Joint comes around again you are still sitting in the circle. So I pass it to you again. as long as you don't remove yourself form the circle or state I don't want this then it is reasonable to assume that you may at some point want a hit just not this second unless you voice an objection or remove yourself from the situation. the judge in this case was harsh because she said that she thought the defendant betrayed the trust of the alleged victims. Last time I looked betraying someone's trust wasn't a crime.. Yes this is Wyoming. the protected territory of Mark Furman. I believe OJ killed his wife... But he got away with it Because of an Overzealous Racist cop. See past the racism and see that this guy had a deal worked out with the DA because he decided it was in his best interest to do so for many reasons. This judge decided that wasn't good enough ...not based on the evidence... but she felt he betrayed their trust.... injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere. This should never have happened. It should not matter if the alleged victims were white or if the defendant or accused was black or white. The field is not even. This is Me Too Movement gone haywire. and this Certainly isn't rape as you chose to use in your example.
They did not want him to touch them. He did without gaining consent. He does not claim to have had consent. He betrayed the trust they had put in him to not sexually assualt them. He acted inappropriately. You're defending inappropriate behavior.

According to both women, there was no sexual relationship between the parties. And sleeping with someone prior doesn't give you license to do so again without invitation. Just sayin

lol no but just from reading that part, seems like they would have been doing stuff that night

They did not want him to touch them. He did without gaining consent. He does not claim to have had consent. He betrayed the trust they had put in him to not sexually assault them. He acted inappropriately. You're defending inappropriate behavior.
I am defending the refusal of the judge to accept the recommendation of the DA who felt under the circumstances that there was no real crime committed and for this Judge to deny the finding of the investigation and the facts so that SHE could make an example out of a young man who did what most college kids do and was appropriate behavior ( in his Bed scantly dressed) in those circumstances and conditions and he even stopped himself where in most instances where the playing field is level would not have been charged let alone given time in jail. some one else might have raped them under the same conditions but he did not and if you were so appalled with what had transpired why not get up , call somebody , leave go sleep in the bath tub anything if you felt threatened or violated. no they both stayed even after he left. this smacks of a set up of a young soon to be professional athlete. everyone who cries rape or sexual assault is not an innocent victim .

They did not want him to touch them. He did without gaining consent. He does not claim to have had consent. He betrayed the trust they had put in him to not sexually assualt them. He acted inappropriately. You're defending inappropriate behavior.

By your logic, anytime you initiate sexual contact with a woman and she denies you, you just sexually assaulted her?....so if your wife or girlfriend is not in the mood and you are...you just sexually assaulted her.

I am defending the refusal of the judge to accept the recommendation of the DA who felt under the circumstances that there was no real crime committed and for this Judge to deny the finding of the investigation and the facts so that SHE could make an example out of a young man who did what most college kids do and was appropriate behavior ( in his Bed scantly dressed) in those circumstances and conditions and he even stopped himself where in most instances where the playing field is level would not have been charged let alone given time in jail. some one else might have raped them under the same conditions but he did not and if you were so appalled with what had transpired why not get up , call somebody , leave go sleep in the bath tub anything if you felt threatened or violated. no they both stayed even after he left. this smacks of a set up of a young soon to be professional athlete. everyone who cries rape or sexual assault is not an innocent victim .

Your victim shaming is really ugly. And a great example of why I have had to teach my daughter about the ridiculous entitlement some men feel about her body.

By your logic, anytime you initiate sexual contact with a woman and she denies you, you just sexually assaulted her?....so if your wife or girlfriend is not in the mood and you are...you just sexually assaulted her.
If you don't stop, yes it is. If you make contact against her wishes, yes you did. I mean good Lord. Does being in a relationship give you ownership over your woman or something?

I have to agree, these were 2 of the dumbest girls ever, on the planet.

Your victim shaming is really ugly. And a great example of why I have had to teach my daughter about the ridiculous entitlement some men feel about her body.

Your daughter would NEVER be that DUMB, to crawl into bed with some guy, when there were more intelligent ways to get a good nights sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom