Carl Granderson sentenced to 6 months (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't stop, yes it is. If you make contact against her wishes, yes you did. I mean good Lord. Does being in a relationship give you ownership over your woman or something?
No being in a relationship doesn't give a man ownership, but it certainly brings some implied relaxing of what constitutes an inappropriate sexual advance. This judge is criminalizing uncouth behavior. All he did was touch a grown woman a second time after she had indicated no interest. It is irrational to punish that with 6 months of jail. Your standards are common in ultra fundamentalist societies. By your standard, the first touch is okay, but the second touch is assault worthy of 6 months of jail. That's a standard that I hope never becomes acceptable by the society as a whole, notwithstanding this ridiculous judgement.

No being in a relationship doesn't give a man ownership, but it certainly brings some implied relaxing of what constitutes an inappropriate sexual advance. This judge is criminalizing uncouth behavior. All he did was touch a grown woman a second time after she had indicated no interest. It is irrational to punish that with 6 months of jail. Your standards are common in ultra fundamentalist societies. By your standard, the first touch is okay, but the second touch is assault worthy of 6 months of jail. That's a standard that I hope never becomes acceptable by the society as a whole, notwithstanding this ridiculous judgement.
She's not criminalizing anything. What he did is a 15-year sentence. It's the law. Y'all are literally trying to argue that a crime is "ok".

Your daughter would NEVER be that DUMB, to crawl into bed with some guy, when there were more intelligent ways to get a good nights sleep.
Apparently, it would be her fault though no matter what the guy did. She was totally asking for it.

She's not criminalizing anything. What he did is a 15-year sentence. It's the law. Y'all are literally trying to argue that a crime is "ok".

Absolutely ridiculous.

I appreciate your effort, but it seems there is a contingency here who are devotees to the culture of the pick up artists. They have a million and one ways to blame and dismiss women for their own inappropriate and often times criminal sexual actions toward women. It's a truly depraved mentality. You will not be able to convince them otherwise. All of us who understand how to treat people decently know what you are saying is true.

Last edited:
Your lack of respect for a woman's right to not be touched sexually? I agree.

THEY. WERE. IN. HIS. BED. and he stopped when they didn't reciprocate. Get out of here with your self righteous indignation. That young man did not deserve what was handed down to him by a judge with an obvious agenda.

THEY. WERE. IN. HIS. BED. and he stopped when they didn't reciprocate. Get out of here with your self righteous indignation. That young man did not deserve what was handed down to him by a judge with an obvious agenda.
Right. Totally their fault. They gave up all rights to not get fondled because they watched a movie in the bedroom of someone that they should have expected would choose that night to initiate unrequested sexual contact with them. They should be fined or something for taking up space in his bed and not putting out like they were so obviously supposed to.

Last edited:
Let me say this. I don't think that Granderson is necessarily a bad guy. I don't know enough about him to absolve or condem his character. But it is clear that he made a mistake. An error in judgement. A pretty bad one. Time will tell if it was an anomaly or not. But mistakes can sometimes have serious consequences. Driving drunk is a mistake, and an error in judgement. It can be a one-time bad action, but can cost a person dearly. So is making an unwanted sexual advance in such a way that causes undue duress to the victim.

He'll serve this reduced sentence, and most likely get to continue his NFL career at some point. Hopefully with a better understanding of what consent means. Which some folks here really need to try and grasp themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom