Carl Reiner has died at 98 (1 Viewer)

[QUOTE="

Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton

·
8h

I would have read my damn briefs, Barbra, that's for sure.
Quote Tweet

wtd2KzjX_normal.jpg

Barbra Streisand

@BarbraStreisand
· Jun 29
Can you imagine how President Hillary Clinton - a Woman with a powerful mind - would have handled this pandemic? Being a mother and grandmother, she would’ve instinctively taken care of the public health of the people of the United States.
Show this thread

Chelsea Clinton
@ChelseaClinton

·
20h

No sarcasm: I really wish
@realDonaldTrump
had decided to sell #Trump2020 masks. Think of all the lives that could have been saved.

Rob Reiner
@robreiner

·
18h

It’s time for a prominent elected Republican to ask the President to step down.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

·
Jun 29

The President spent his weekend golfing.
[/endquote]
That's where I quit

[QUOTE="

Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton

·
8h

Quote Tweet

wtd2KzjX_normal.jpg

Barbra Streisand

@BarbraStreisand
· Jun 29
Can you imagine how President Hillary Clinton - a Woman with a powerful mind - would have handled this pandemic? Being a mother and grandmother, she would’ve instinctively taken care of the public health of the people of the United States.
Show this thread

Chelsea Clinton
@ChelseaClinton

·
20h

@realDonaldTrump
had decided to sell #Trump2020 masks. Think of all the lives that could have been saved.

Rob Reiner
@robreiner

·
18h

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

·
Jun 29

[/endquote]
That's where I quit

[QUOTE="

Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton

·
8h

Quote Tweet

wtd2KzjX_normal.jpg

Barbra Streisand

@BarbraStreisand
· Jun 29
Show this thread

Chelsea Clinton
@ChelseaClinton

·
20h

@realDonaldTrump

Rob Reiner
@robreiner

·
18h

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

·
Jun 29

[/endquote]
That's where I quit

so if you click the twitter handle you get the user’s feed. If you click the people talking about the post, you get the thread.

Try this link.

Its possible you are doing it wrong. There was no politics in the thread I linked.
There is one picture, about 15 posts in that I'm sure some would object to. Otherwise, merl just 'twittered' wrongly.

Since Reiner and Brooks are so strongly linked, I always found it facinating that Brooks was a WWII vet, and in particular, a combat engineer.

From wiki

Brooks was drafted into the United States Army in 1944.[14] After scoring highly on the Army General Classification Test (a Stanford-Binet-type IQ test), he was sent to the elite Army Specialized Training Program (ASTP) at the Virginia Military Institute to be taught skills such as military engineering, foreign languages or medicine. Manpower shortages led the Army to disband the ASTP so Brooks returned to basic training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma in May 1944.[19][20]

Brooks served as a corporal in the 1104 Engineer Combat Battalion, 78th Infantry Division, defusing land mines as the allies advanced into Nazi Germany.[21][22] With the end of the war in Europe, Brooks took part in organizing shows for captured Germans and American forces.[7]

"I was a Combat Engineer. Isn’t that ridiculous? The two things I hate most in the world are combat and engineering.” Mel Brooks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom