Carlos Guido Questions about Coronovirus on SR and Online Sources [CLOSED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Got a call from Carlos Guido last night. He's pretty freaked about the virus. Says he went to the store to pickup some toilet paper for his mom and got mugged with 25-pound purses by four 75 to 80-year-old women, went to the ER for stitches and got turned away because he didn't have the virus.

He has resigned himself to work from home. As a major bookmaker, as long as he has his cell phone and ledger, he can telework. His collection men are a bit worried about contact with welchers who renege on their lost bets. Carlos does not want his men to shoot the ones who owe him money, just rough them up a bit. But his collectors don't want to have physical contact with anyone. He said this is a crisis, but is thinking about using tasers to collect.

He was also worried about getting the virus on Saints Report. I assured him that SR was 100% safe and the Coronovirus can't spread via the Internet. I don't think he believes me, but I assured him.

I asked him if he had any new info on the Saints. Carlos got really POed at me and began a rant, "My whole business has collapsed. In case you are not reading the news, all professional college and pro sports have been canceled. No sports means no betting. No betting means I don't make any money you dumb Irish Cajun!." Carlos said, "His people were thinking about reinstituting rooster fights and armadillo races on TV to stimulate betting. He asked me what I thought about the idea and of course, I said, "Brilliant!" I didn't want to get tasered.

Carlos says he and Dave the Lawn Guy were planning a vacation together on a cruise to the Caribbean, but the cruise got canceled. I asked him if his organization ever thought about a hit on Goodell. He screamed out, "Hell no. We make a fortune out of that idiot!" When I pressed him further on Saints insider info he sarcastically came back and said, "Sure. For certain, the Saints will draft some players this year." Carlos can be a major smart-arse.

He buzzed me again about catching the virus on SR and I assured him that was the safest place for him and all Who Dats to spend their time during self-quarantine. I don't want to get tasered!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In all seriousness.... I think laughter is crucial throughout these uncertain times. We have no reported cases of the virus in Central TX, none in Austin, none in New Braunfels and 1 in San Antonio. We saw 30 plus in Orleans Parish yesterday. If any Who Dats get in serious need of items you cannot find in your stores, let us know on this thread and we will do our best to get them and then get them to you all. This crisis will be much easier to handle if we do this as a community. Btw: If you have any jokes that will make us laugh, this is the forum for that. Btw: We don't have any paper products here. 4 women were on the floor fighting and pushing each other over the last 2 boxes of Kleenex on the bottom shelf. It looked like WWE for a few seconds- lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Tasers are kinda pointless. Once you taze a guy, what do you do then? They're not likely to be carrying wads of cash on them anyway. And you gotta do a body search to see if they have anything on them. I guess if you pay them enough, they might be willing to risk their health. But I dunno. Doesn't make much sense to me.

But hey, first world illegal gaming problems. Glad I don't have to worry about all that.

And yeah, we all enjoy a good laugh in stressful times. :9:

Not worried about the corona virus. I already caught it. After 4 days of sickness and suffering, the virus died.
Did you really? I would like to know how it felt. From what I am reading, for most people with normal health, it isn't any worse than just basic flu like symptoms

I actually think I got it in late January. My dad caught it while flying back and gave it to my mom and I. And they had their flu shots. I had all the symptoms of the flu or the coronavirus which are pretty similar. After about 2 days I started to feel a lot better by the 4th I felt great. I really think its over blown and my parents are in their late 60s. I am not going to lie I felt like crap for a good day and half, muscle aches, headaches, exhaustion. But it really wasn't that bad and I have had pneumonia before.

I actually think I got it in late January. My dad caught it while flying back and gave it to my mom and I. And they had their flu shots. I had all the symptoms of the flu or the coronavirus which are pretty similar. After about 2 days I started to feel a lot better by the 4th I felt great. I really think its over blown and my parents are in their late 60s. I am not going to lie I felt like crap for a good day and half, muscle aches, headaches, exhaustion. But it really wasn't that bad and I have had pneumonia before.

Awesome. Thanks so very much for sharing your details. Not awesome that you folks got the virus, but awesome that it didn't get terrible and passed quickly

Edit: btw - would someone explain to me why there's such a huge run on toilet paper. I just can't get it. Thx much. I am not exaggerating in the least about the Kleenex box war on the floor in the HEB grocery store yesterday

It's gotten a little nuts here over the last few days. I mean people are acting like the food industry is having a sidewalk sale before going out of business................like there will be no food after this weekend.

There has also been a HUGE run on paper products. Can't find toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex, or paper plates. What's up with that?

Awesome. Thanks so very much for sharing your details. Not awesome that you folks got the virus, but awesome that it didn't get terrible and passed quickly

Edit: btw - would someone explain to me why there's such a huge run on toilet paper. I just can't get it. Thx much. I am not exaggerating in the least about the Kleenex box war on the floor in the HEB grocery store yesterday

People are afraid they will be forced to be home for a month and will run out of TP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom