Carolina bound (1 Viewer)

I've been extremely busy this year and haven't had the opportunity to do a lot of planning. What are everyone's thoughts on taking LKN H20Girl up on her offer to join with the Huddle this year. I think it would be good for relations between our crowds. I've always, for the most part, been treated well by Carolina fans. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts. If you still want to do our tailgate in the same spot, that's fine, but I'm not sure about having any music. I've got MP3s and CDs, but no good sound system, so it will be low key. Let me know in the next day or so. I need to get things together regardless of what we decide.

We will treat y'all well.

Also, if there's anything I can help you with on your trip, I'd be more than happy to help.

I may even have a spare ticket.

I personally have been treated VERY badly by Carolina fans on several occasions. I honestly don't think things will turn out well with some of us wearing Super Bowl gear.

Jan

Jan - I can promise that our group would be very happy to have you guys. We're very welcoming. You may get a couple of good-natured jabs but this is a group that I tailgate with almost every game and have done so for at least 5-6 years.

We're welcoming. And we're raising money for Toys for Tots. We have opposing fans with us all the time and everyone is respectful of each other.

And there are a bunch of new idiots on the huddle who post there, but the group who tailgates together are the old-school crowd, many of whom do not post much anymore because of being overrun by idiots.

If y'all want to join efforts, I'll make sure that the crew expects y'all and know I invited you.

4SS has been to one of our tailgates and knows most of the people who will be there.

Please don't worry about a cold shoulder - at least from the huddle.

I personally have been treated VERY badly by Carolina fans on several occasions. I honestly don't think things will turn out well with some of us wearing Super Bowl gear.

Jan
Wow! That's embarrassing. I have never seen opposition fans treated badly at BOA. There is usually an abundance of opposition fans, due to the relative youth of the franchise. Been to many games there. Several occasions? Were you being obnoxious or something? Yall will have a great time. Charlotte is a Great place with lots to do.

Wow! That's embarrassing. I have never seen opposition fans treated badly at BOA. There is usually an abundance of opposition fans, due to the relative youth of the franchise. Been to many games there. Several occasions? Were you being obnoxious or something? Yall will have a great time. Charlotte is a Great place with lots to do.
I can assure you Jan was not being obnoxious.

Also, because Jan (a regular at our tailgating events) is against it, we'll tailgate in the same place as always. I'll still make jambalaya. Since I can't hang around until Monday this year, I can't return a keg. That means we'll do BYOB unless there is someone else who can manage the keg.

I'll start asking around and see if I can find a sound system.

-jerry

I can assure you I was NOT being obnoxious. I have been to games there since 2005. The first year I was subjected to horrific Katrina jokes. I was actually accosted on the street by young men in 2006 & called very ugly names. I am 59 years old, by the way, and suffer from arthritis. I was merely sitting resting after walking down from the stadium & had obscenities yelled at me in 2008. Last year was actually quite pleasant (I was sitting in the lower level) and had nice conversations with Panther fans. The other incidents were ugly and uncalled for and I will NEVER forget nor forgive them.

Jan

I can assure you I was NOT being obnoxious. I have been to games there since 2005. The first year I was subjected to horrific Katrina jokes. I was actually accosted on the street by young men in 2006 & called very ugly names. I am 59 years old, by the way, and suffer from arthritis. I was merely sitting resting after walking down from the stadium & had obscenities yelled at me in 2008. Last year was actually quite pleasant (I was sitting in the lower level) and had nice conversations with Panther fans. The other incidents were ugly and uncalled for and I will NEVER forget nor forgive them.

Jan
I am sure sorry to hear that. As Jimmy Buffett says, "I've seen more than I can recall". I guess every town has them. I've never seen that in Charlotte.

I'm coming in from Phoenix and will be joining up with family, but if I have time I'd love to join up with this SR crew, esp. since this is my first regular season NFL/Saints game!!!

I'm the only die hard Saints, or football, fan amongst the six of us, but its my birthday present so I call the shots, for once ;-)

JRead2, feel free to add me to any correspondence @ wisdom11@hotmail.com thanks and WHO DAT!

We'll be in section 522, row 21, seats 10-15.

Ive managed to find you guys every year at the tailgate in Charlotte and had an absolute blast. I wont have my brother (pancakes) with me this year but I'll still make the trip down from Raleigh.

And there are a bunch of new idiots on the huddle who post there, but the group who tailgates together are the old-school crowd, many of whom do not post much anymore because of being overrun by idiots.

so thats why you arent there any more...:hihi:

She is correct, the huddle tailgate will welcome you. ive been by a few times. granted not when the Saints were in town. I dont think i will be doing much tailgating this year as im trying to get field/hospitality passes again.

so thats why you arent there any more...:hihi:

She is correct, the huddle tailgate will welcome you. ive been by a few times. granted not when the Saints were in town. I dont think i will be doing much tailgating this year as im trying to get field/hospitality passes again.

Pretty much. Plus many of the good posters got locked out by firewall issues when it changed from PanthersHuddle to CarolinaHuddle. Mostly the tailgates are the older posters.

I did PM the owner of the site and he said it was fine with him.

Well, it's official, I'm going to be at the game. Forgot the section number, I'll have to look at the tickets. I know it's on the second level.

EDIT: 226.

Jerry,

good to see you on here again. Me and my brothers tailgated with you all 2 years ago and it was one of the best times of my life. Last year we didn't make the trip but we'll be driving up from ATL again this year. Will you guys be tailgating in the same spot as 08?

Everybody good on tickets? I will go if I must, but I really do not need to spend the money. I am an unemployed student.

Jerry,

good to see you on here again. Me and my brothers tailgated with you all 2 years ago and it was one of the best times of my life. Last year we didn't make the trip but we'll be driving up from ATL again this year. Will you guys be tailgating in the same spot as 08?
Same spot as '08, but not as big a part this time (I don't think).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom