Carolina Game Predictions (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Because I have a penchant for looking foolish, I will go first and make my prediction. I actually have two bets on this game. The first was made weeks ago with a friend in North Carolina who is a Panthers fan--I have the Saints to win. The second was a modest wager made yesterday at Beau Rivage--I took Carolina and three points.

My prediction: Carolina wins, 20-19.

My reasons:

1. There is the saying in the NFL that often it does not matter who you play, but when you play them. At the moment, the Saints are missing Michael Thomas, Erik McCoy, Marcus Davenport, David Onyemata and perhaps Marshon Lattimore. All five players are not just starters, but star players. Also, there is the uncertainty over the absence of so many assistant coaches because of Covid. If the Saints are healthy, they are clearly the better team. But they are not, and this will be a competitive game.

2. The last two years, for whatever reason, we have struggled in week two on the road. In 2020, we lost to the Raiders, 34-24. In 2019, we lost to Los Angeles, 27-9.

3. Carolina has a competitive team. The win against the Jets showed little because of the quality of the opposition. But the Panthers currently have much better talent at the skill positions on offense (McCaffrey, D.J. Moore, Anderson)--at some point, our weakness at receiver without Thomas will be glaring--and they have on defense a good front seven and some talent in the secondary. I like our defensive front against Carolina's offensive line, but Carolina's defensive front is going to be a bigger challenge than Green Bay's defensive front.

I expect a close and competitive game, but I give Carolina the edge. And the main reason is that at some point, the amount of adversity faced by a team reaches a tipping point.

Valid point about the adversity. We are in weather the storm mode, literally. For that reason I have a hard time predicting this one either way. My gut tells me that we will squeak out victory but that it won’t look that way for a lot of the game.

27 - 24 Saints.

I think CMC ends up having a very very impressive day but we get the W.

He is very interesting in that he is essentially an "Iso" player like you would see in the NBA. He is really really good, but it doesn't seem to translate to wins the way Kamara's skills do.

I remember the last time we played them DA was letting him catch it out of the backfield uncontested all game because they don't really draw up plays for him. It's more give him the ball when all else fails and let him create.

I've definitely gained a lot respect for him over the year and he proved me wrong as I thought he would be a bust, but to me he will never be as dangerous as Kamara.

I’d guess:

Saints / Panthers
3-0
6-0

2nd quarter
6-7
6-14
6-17

3rd quarter
9-17
9-24

4th quarter
16-24
24-24

OT
30-24

This game will be a true test of our depth. Alot of young guys will play a major role for the saints in this one.

34-24 saints

Saints 31 Panthers 21. Callaway coming out party baby! Let’s ride!

Definitely cause for concern, but I trust Payton and our veteran team to get the W. We have the #1 road record since 2017 if I remember correctly, that trend continues today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom