Carolina had pressure on 68% of dropbacks[3rd most in any game since 2009] (1 Viewer)

I am definitely not saying we win that game with Brees. What I am saying is that I think Brees could have possibly slowed some of the pressure by taking advantage of some of those blitzes. It's what he used to do very well throughout his career. I am not overlooking all the other problems of yesterday. I don't think any QB in the league, in history, does well behind that o-line play. I'm simply saying that Brees might have been able to make some adjustments or call some audibles that slowed that pressure a bit.. Who knows? I bet he was looking at that game, thinking he's glad he didn't have to play in it. Lol

I seem to remember a few times where the opposing defensive plan seemed to be blitz Brees on every play....that is a pretty big mistake against DB9.

Nick has his film breakdown up and it looks like terrible communication but Jameis should have run or taken the sack on those picks (Harris was open on the first pick).

I’m not saying we win this game with Brees. I’m just saying, the Panthers would have payed on some of those blitzes. Brees used to love being blitzed because it was an easy completion. I’m not talking about the 40 year old Brees either. Just saying, we had absolutely no answer for it. I get the circumstances surrounding the tough day, also. Hopefully this is a lesson learned, and we can have some better answers to pressure from this point on.
It'll only be a lessoned learned if Jameis shows the ability to handle the 60% or more times he's going to be bull rushed in New England on Sunday. If he doesn't audible or check down on those occasions and hit some quick dump passes to slow that rush down, we'll be right back in the same situation as Week 2.

My concern is that he is going to start worrying about getting his passes thrown quicker and will start throwing into tighter coverage because there is no time for the play to develop and/or our receivers are incapable of getting separation. This also means that establishing a reliable running attack will be key to keeping the defense from pinning their ears back with Jameis as their bullseye. :shocked:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom