Carolina In First Place? (1 Viewer)

the atlanta game is a must win. In order to get any kind of momentum going, we must beat atlanta. If not then I dont think we will win the division.

Agreed. I think that game will be for the division title.

Way to early to think this. A few games have to be played before then. But based on the way we are playing vs their play of late, it may be a meaningless game.

This is starting to look like 2002 - to a degree. We'll see if it ends up that way...

Hot start...

Cooling off in 2nd half of season...

Disappointing loss to the Bengals...

Giving up lots of points on D...

AND...

The possibility of facing the Panthers in the Superdome in the season finale, needing a win to clinch a playoff spot.

This is starting to look like 2002 - to a degree. We'll see if it ends up that way...

Hot start...

AND...

The possibility of facing the Panthers in the Superdome in the season finale, needing a win to clinch a playoff spot.

Let's hope Brees doesn't have a hurt shoulder and Michael Lewis is playing wide receiver.

As disapointing as the past two weeks have been, looking at the big picture, the last two weeks weren't nearly as important as the rest of the schedule for one simple fact: their losses were to AFC teams. For example, if the Saints finish 10-6, the most losses they would have in the NFC would be three at the point. Bottom line, if the Saints are a true playoff-caliber team, the games to prove that are the ones that start next week against Atlanta.

Hot start...

AND...

Bye weeks are the worst thing to to ever happen to the Saints. Same thing in 2002.

the saints dont deserve to win the division playing the way they have been the last few weeks. this team looks to be 2 or 3 years away from making the playoffs. i think we will miss the playoffs this year. teams that turnover the ball 3 or 4 times a game and have a terrible defense like this saints team dont make the playoffs.

the saints dont deserve to win the division playing the way they have been the last few weeks. this team looks to be 2 or 3 years away from making the playoffs. i think we will miss the playoffs this year. teams that turnover the ball 3 or 4 times a game and have a terrible defense like this saints team dont make the playoffs.

Well, it's a good thing the season doesn't end after week 11.

calm down... yes they are "in first"... only because they beat us... but look a little closer into the records and you'll see that they are doomed...

Carolina
Record: 6-4
vs Division: 3-1
vs NFC: 4-3
Remaining games: @ Wash, @ Philly, NYG, Pit, @ Atl, @NO

New Orleans
vs NFC: 5-1
Remaining games: @ Atl, SF, @ Dal, Was, @ NYG, Car

They may beat the Skins and Philly... but those other 4 games will be tough for them.

Carolina
vs NFC: 4-3
Remaining games: @ Wash, @ Philly, NYG, Pit, @ Atl, @NO

New Orleans
vs NFC: 5-1
Remaining games: @ Atl, SF, @ Dal, Was, @ NYG, Car

They may beat the Skins and Philly... but those other 4 games will be tough for them.

If we win next week, that will make the Panther's 2nd to last game with the Falcons even more important to them since we would have a sweep over the Falcons. Unfortunately for us, the Giants and Pit are in Carolina, but there is hope. I think that they'll beat Washington and I don't know about Philly. Yeah Philly has Carolina at home, but without McNabb and Philly is playing the Colts on the road next week. The Colts lost yesterday and is probably pretty ****** right now and will be looking for revenge. That game could destroy Philly's confidence, what's left, and have them limping at home against the Panthers who could have alot of confidence if they beat Washington on the road.

Our game next week is soooooooooo important. Our confidence could fly out the window and send us into a tailspin that we could not recover.

I think it's funny how when the Falcons had the same record as us after the Balt. game, everyone said the Falcons were in first place... even though we had the tie-breaker over them. Now we have the same record as Carolina, and everyone is reckognizing the tie-breaker and saying the Panthers are in first.

It's just another example of how the Saints get no respect. We gotta earn eveything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom