Carolina Must have some of the Worst Fans! (RANT) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Where to begin with this one? Hhhhmmmmm.....

I know that when you have fans from the same division as your team you support, there is going to be a natural rivalry between the fans. That's what makes sports so fun. The Us against You mentality.

That being said, I have noticed a huge portions fans that I have seen and read posts by are out on the deep end. It goes beyond the good natured ribbing of your opponents fans.

Lets see, My first ever NFL game ever gone to was a few years ago when the Saints played at Carolina, first year of Brees and Bush, and have at least 4 Carolina fans threaten me with physical violence, the reason? I said that they where 2 and 2 so far! OMG what a crime.

Yesterday, I went over to ESPN and was reading the blog of the NFC South beat writer on an article about the Carolina Defense. Read some of the responses from fans, and geese these Carolina Fans seemed to be foaming at the mouth. One went so far as to say the Drew Brees was a laughing stock of the NFL, because of his pre-game pump up with his team mates, said NO should be ashamed of what they did to the NFL (still trying to figure out what the dude was talking about) and calling Reggie a draft day blunder. The reason? A couple Falcon fans said that the division was now a two team race now, Falcons and Saints.

Think I only saw one Saints fan posting and it really didn't even mention anything bad about Carolina!

I have met a few wonderful Carolina fans, but with fans like I have seen in person and in postings, their fan base leaves a lot to be desired.

Sorry I just had to Rant about that.

We have a few good Carolina fans here on the board, but yes, overall they are some of the more bandwagon fans in the league and have grown a major case of self-entitlement because of their teams early success.

Really--I lived in Raleigh and went to all of the Saints/Panthers games there for several years, and never had any issues. I thought their fans were lame, and they didn't sit in their seats for most of the game (away--eating, shopping et al), but it was always a really tame crowd.

I'd be ornery too if i didn't realize my car could turn right....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom