Caroline Kennedy endorses Obama (1 Viewer)

Under the Clintons, Democrats lost the legislative branch, multiple state houses and governorships, and couldn't pass a peace and prosperity ticket into a third term. Democrats who think will recognize this, and support Obama in 2008, not in 2016 after Hillary completes her second term.

It adds to the momentum Obama has as a result of South Carolina. The question is what surprises the Clinton campaign will spring in the next nine days before Super Tuesday. If Obama edges Hillary on Super Tuesday, he becomes the favorite.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0108/8134.html

Looks like Ted and Obama will appear together tomorrow where Ted will endorse Obama.

This is HUGE with establishment Dem's which is a place Obama has struggled. Kerry now Kennedy on the stump for him, especially now that Kerry looks to be taking on Bill, along with the media blitz from the SC win may be just what Obama needs going in to Super Tuesday. He's just got to respond quickly and aggressively either directly or through surrogates to whatever bomb the Clintons drop next week... and there will be one.

This could be big, or not, considering that a Kennedy endorsement won't change things too much across the country.

It does mean, however, that he's got the Massachusetts establishment squarely behind him (the Governor and now both Senators). A win in Massachusetts is big for him.

Ambinder confirms that Sebelius (KS Gov) will endorse Obama after her SOTU response. Obama already has an organizational advantage in KS and has some campaign events planned. Her endorsement could help him gain another Super Tuesday win.

Wow, someone who has no real ties to what it means to be an average American, but was related to someone who was President for a very small time, and who barely knew him, endorsed someone! Holy Crap! Can I vote more than once!

(This is not shot at Obama, just a commentary on the stupidity of anyone who takes any weight in this!)

She's a well-educated, mature and thougtful person, as is generally evident from the public record of her multiple mainstream publications (articles, books, etc.). She has in fact taken a lot of personal responsibility for her father's memory and legacy. Frankly, I think her endorsement is as good as anybody else's.

Or, I can come read what all everybody in this Rand Corporation-style think tank has to say.

lmao.

She's a well-educated, mature and thougtful person, as is generally evident from the public record of her multiple mainstream publications (articles, books, etc.). She has in fact taken a lot of personal responsibility for her father's memory and legacy. Frankly, I think her endorsement is as good as anybody else's.

Or, I can come read what all everybody in this Rand Corporation-style think tank has to say.

lmao.

Your cynicism levels are dangerously low to be posting on this board.

I think these endorsements bode well for Obama. Seems like it will add more to his base, probably among senior citizens and areas where he's been weak in.

Tim Russert brought up a good point this morning. The Kennedy's have a long standing association with some of America's largest and most influential Hispanic organizations like the Ceasar Chavez Foundation. Ted will be traveling with Obama an on the stump between now and Super Tuesday and expect the Ceasar Chavez Foundation to formally endorse him as well which will be hugely important in California. Obama won't win Cali but this endorsement and the Hispanic support that will come with it may bring Cali close enough to reduce the net delegate gain for Hillary down to +30 or 40. That would be a major blow to the Clintons.

Tim Russert brought up a good point this morning. The Kennedy's have a long standing association with some of America's largest and most influential Hispanic organizations like the Ceasar Chavez Foundation. Ted will be traveling with Obama an on the stump between now and Super Tuesday and expect the Ceasar Chavez Foundation to formally endorse him as well which will be hugely important in California. Obama won't win Cali but this endorsement and the Hispanic support that will come with it may bring Cali close enough to reduce the net delegate gain for Hillary down to +30 or 40. That would be a major blow to the Clintons.

Interesting point. I read or heard a take on one of the news outlets that addressed Ted Kennedy's deep and loyal fundraising network as well. The endorsements themselves might not mean much on the surface to some, but the influence in inner circles and the $$$ connections should serve to strengthen his campaign.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom