Caroline Kennedy endorses Obama (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NEW YORK - The daughter of President John F. Kennedy endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, saying he could inspire Americans in the same way her father once did.

"I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them," Caroline Kennedy wrote in an op-ed posted Saturday on the Web site of The New York Times. "But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president — not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans."

Kennedy, who was four days shy of her 6th birthday when her father was assassinated, wrote that Obama "has a special ability to get us to believe in ourselves, to tie that belief to our highest ideals and imagine that together we can do great things."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/kennedy_obama

Gracias.

Wow, someone who has no real ties to what it means to be an average American, but was related to someone who was President for a very small time, and who barely knew him, endorsed someone! Holy Crap! Can I vote more than once!

(This is not shot at Obama, just a commentary on the stupidity of anyone who takes any weight in this!)

Wow, someone who has no real ties to what it means to be an average American, but was related to someone who was President for a very small time, and who barely knew him, endorsed someone! Holy Crap! Can I vote more than once!

(This is not shot at Obama, just a commentary on the stupidity of anyone who takes any weight in this!)

I don't think it's a matter of being a lofty endorsement or not -- or that it has the power to sway the outcome. And I doubt it's received that way. I'd say there's a "stupidity" in anybody shaping their decision off an endorsement so if that's your point, we can agree.

Receiving an endorsement that speaks to seniors, women, and Massachusetts can't hurt.

Receiving an endorsement that speaks to seniors, women, and Massachusetts can't hurt.

And harkens to the Kennedy legacy, which I assume still has some traction in Dem circles, and this is currently at the stage of being a Dem fight. The comparison between Obama and JFK has already been observed and she signed off on it.

Her endorsement means more now -- to whatever degree that's measured -- than it does in November.

I don't think it's a matter of being a lofty endorsement or not -- or that it has the power to sway the outcome. And I doubt it's received that way. I'd say there's a "stupidity" in anybody shaping their decision off an endorsement so if that's your point, we can agree.

Partly, and anyone who thinks takes any consideration into this endorsement at all as well....

This is a point I'm not clear on: when public endorsements like this come out, does that indicate the endorser is a superdelegate?

This is a point I'm not clear on: when public endorsements like this come out, does that indicate the endorser is a superdelegate?

I'm still wrestling with the question of whose endorsement to go with here, Caroline Kennedy's or cdogg's. Don't clutter this with another question, lol.

Partly, and anyone who thinks takes any consideration into this endorsement at all as well....

I think we've all at some point or other taken into consideration the opinion of people we respect when making a tough decision. There's no mystery in that.

The big Kennedy endorsement:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Caroline Kennedy endorses you in the New York Times.
This morning she says, “I have never had a president who inspired me the
way people tell me my father inspired them. And for the first time, I
believe that I have found that man.”

Mark Halperin reports, on Time Magazine’s Web site this morning –
and our reporting seems to confirm it — that Ted Kennedy is also on the
verge of endorsing you
. Is that true?

OBAMA: Well, you know, I’ll let Ted Kennedy speak for himself. And
nobody does it better. But obviously, any of the Democratic candidates
would love to have Ted Kennedy’s support. And we have certainly
actively sought it.

And you know, I will let him make his announcement and his decision
when he decides it’s appropriate.
http://thepage.time.com/excerpt-from-obama-interview-on-this-week/

Edit..confirmed by CNN/Clinton leakers.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom