Carr has to feel rug pulled. [merged} (1 Viewer)

They lured Derek Carr to New Orleans with the promise that he would finally have a good defense. Once DC4 signs, they doesn’t resign any defensive line players, filling it out in the draft to save tons of money. Derek already committed so he can’t leave no matter how bad the defense gets. I could definitely believe this was intentional

We didn't lose anything insanely good ,the draft is full of great defensive players (even in the free agency there's still a lot of good players)
And we didn't overpaid for average players ,so no ,the saints aren't tricky ,they are logical

Last time we paid guys like that was awful ,Laurinaitis ,Byrd ,Browner (maybe even Kruger)

They lured Derek Carr to New Orleans with the promise that he would finally have a good defense. Once DC4 signs, they doesn’t resign any defensive line players, filling it out in the draft to save tons of money. Derek already committed so he can’t leave no matter how bad the defense gets. I could definitely believe this was intentional
I’m sure Carr has belief in DA to right the ship. We have a few new Def coaches including DC. Maybe they’re wanting to do something different, considering stopping the run regressed last year. All the saints would need to do would be to sign Kwon,Rankins, CJ to stop the fans‘ revolt.

For a team that plans years in advance, some actually think these moves weren't discussed with DC when he was here on his multi-day visit? This has been mapped out and more than likely going as planned. Had the FO wanted any of these FA "losses" to be re-signed, they would have been.

So, maybe outside of Ellis, which one of the defensive players who were over-paid by division rivals would you have over-paid to keep? And I wouldn’t have paid Ellis what he got from Atlanta.

How many of those guys do you figure were factored into the Saints 2023 plans?

Also, how many of those guys who were over-paid by division rivals, would you not trade for an inexpensive drafted or UDFA player on the upside of their potential?

I’m no GM - but I don’t think any of those guys were in the plans for 2023. So I don’t think any of this changes anything that Carr was sold on for 2023.

Players whom their current team are negotiating with, typically don’t sign deals with division rivals in the first hours of free agency. That’s just my opinion of course and doesn’t reflect that of our front office - obviously.

I am sure that is exactly how it went down.

So glad the Saints signed a guy that can easily be fooled like that.

Attachments

• dr-evil-evil-laugh.gif
    dr-evil-evil-laugh.gif
    404 KB · Views: 0
We are making the defense better for Carr, whats the problem? Those guys that left can easily be replaced and upgraded for what they brought to the table consistently or inconsistently

Maybe, just maybe, we are going to start drafting guys and not overpaying high priced FA's. Build through the draft and get a piece here and there. That's how you fix the salary cap also. Give it time.

new here? ;)

give it another 3-5 days, then the "theme" switches to "why havent we signed anyone yet!?!?!?!"

sorry

couple hours really...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom