Derek Carr world tour thread (updated with combine visits) (4 Viewers)

What awful decisions? The limited number of plays that Underhill called out that no one has any really examples outside of that? How can you make throws when pressure is in your face immediately?

And it's funny that he had no problems against the blitz before this season? Crap, before Arians got the Tampa, Jameis was #2 in DVOA under pressure behind Mahomes in 2018, but now all of a sudden, he can't beat the blitz. Interesting.

And a ton of his numbers came when the offense finally opened up in the Atlanta game but not the Panthers game. Jameis was 9-17 for 112 yards in the first half against the Panthers. We fell so far behind against them because Kamara's fumble was returned for a TD and Lutz field goal was blocked to end the 1st half and missed one to start the 2nd with penalties killing majority of their drives. This is legitimately what happened on the field and not any eye test stuff (not saying that's what you are using but plenty do)

But we are still ignoring the fact that with "awful decisions" and all, in their career, Jameis accounts for more yards and has a higher rate, with the Bucs scoring more points than the Raiders in 2017-2019. And healthy, in the tweet that I showed, in those 2 losses, Carr totaled:

54% completion percentage, 311 total yards, 1TD/5INTs.

So we can talk about awful decisions but what Carr put out there was awful football. But he will get a pass for not being "McDaniels'" guy which is funny because....nevermind..lol
Jameis had his shot. He looked good with Payton in 2021. Then he got hurt. Then he got hurt again and played poorly.

Carr was 3rd in MVP voting in 2016. Gruden takes over in 2018 and Carr gets better every year, culminating in a playoff berth last season.

Then McDaniels comes in and it doesn’t work. The coach changed. The QB didn’t.

The problem with Jameis is he doesn’t have that kind of success to fall back on, outside of a few games of team success with Payton last season, who isn’t here anymore.

Another big factor is Carr doesn't seem like a guy obsessed with squeezing every penny out he can get.

Just look at the contract he agreed to with the Raiders. That has got to be the most team friendly deal I've ever seen a QB get in this new era. He gets a massive amount of money, but only if the team thinks he is worth it. If not, he's easily cut/traded. How many QBs have signed a deal like that in the last decade? They're all throwing temper tantrums demanding fully guaranteed (or close to it) deals.

He is absolutely someone I think would re-do his contract if the Saints traded for him to make the cap hit hurdles less ridiculous for Loomis.

Another big factor is Carr doesn't seem like a guy obsessed with squeezing every penny out he can get.

Just look at the contract he agreed to with the Raiders. That has got to be the most team friendly deal I've ever seen a QB get in this new era. He gets a massive amount of money, but only if the team thinks he is worth it. If not, he's easily cut/traded. How many QBs have signed a deal like that in the last decade? They're all throwing temper tantrums demanding fully guaranteed (or close to it) deals.

He is absolutely someone I think would re-do his contract if the Saints traded for him to make the cap hit hurdles less ridiculous for Loomis.
He said he was unwilling to redo his contract already.

I hate to tell you but if Jameis played like he did in 2019 with our defense, we would win 12 games easy..lol. Go look at how many points the Bucs averaged per game in 2019.
I doubt it. Interceptions will make a defense look bad. Not only due to lack of rest, but also because they often have to defend short fields. Also turnovers is the most important stat correlated with wins.

If they are asking for a 3rd round pick and Saints are the only serious contender at the moment, they need to eat about $10+ million of his money this year. They can have a 2nd round pick if they want to eat $15+ million.

There is part of one fan base in the NFL that thinks Winston is in the same sentence as Carr and that is part of our fan base. There might be a few delusional fans in Las Vegas who believe that, but not many. I don't think any NFL GM/Coach would dream of starting Dalton over Carr or Winston over Carr.

And on the cap hit, this is Loomis and Void Year time.

Last edited:
What can we add in a trade? MT?
No, because his contract is largely bonus and Carr is base. Two opposite ends of the spectrum.

It would have to be a pick. And we would either have to restructure a ton of deals and cut some guys OR LV would have to restructure the deal to eat some of the $.

Saintswire reports the raiders and saints have agreed on trade compensation for Carr. Idk how reliable they are. The story states an agreement on compensation was a requirement for the visit. Author speculated the trade value should be in line with other mid-level qbs, which is a third rounder. But the Saints don’t have a third so it has to something of similar value.

Last edited:
Saintswire reports the raiders and saints have agreed on trade compensation for Carr. Idk how reliable they are. The story states an agreement on compensation was a requirement for the visit. Author speculated the trade value should be in line with other mid-level qbs, which is a third rounder. But the Saints don’t have a third so it has to something of similar value.

Saintswire reports the raiders and saints have agreed on trade compensation for Carr. Idk how reliable they are.
They’re an aggregate site. They’re relaying what an LV reporter stated.

I don’t doubt it though. Or at least they’re on the same page, like teams were with Loomis about Payton.

Still need to figure out if Carr wants to be in NO and if the price is right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom