Carradine visits undisclosed NFC South team (1 Viewer)

Euphonetiks

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
From an SI article about Tank Carridine:

Carradine met with an undisclosed NFC South team on Monday, then traveled to Atlanta, where the Falcons ran a 4-3 under new defensive coordinator Mike Nolan in 2012. []NFL Draft prospect Tank Carradine could make next epic comeback, but do teams believe? - NFL - Don Banks - SI.com

He visited the Falcons, so there is a 1 in 3 chance he visited with the Saints on Monday. The article notes that 3-4 teams project him as an edge rusher at outside LB. Philly and Baltimore also had him in for a visit.

I like Carradine a lot if he is healthy.

love to get him in the 2nd round, too bad we dont have a freaking 2nd rounder
but ya i think he could be a good 3-4 solb, he stated that he would rather play standing up at olb than with his hand in the dirt at end.

would be a reach in the first. would have been a great pickup if we had a 2nd rounder.

If that ACL checks out, he's a better pass rusher than anyone in the 1st round.

Perhaps if we decide to trade back, he will be our target. I understand it is unlikely because everyone is looking to trade back, so finding a partner could be difficult and the Loomis/Payton modus operandi is to trade up, not back.

ozwego15 said:
would be a reach in the first. would have been a great pickup if we had a 2nd rounder.

I agree and had Brandon Jenkins not been injured early he would have just been a rotational guy at FSU and a 4th or 5th round prospect. He took his oppurtunity and made the mist of it.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

CaliSaint4Life said:
If that ACL checks out, he's a better pass rusher than anyone in the 1st round.

I wouldn't go that far but I think he's one of the more well rounded pass rushers in the draft given his ability to play the run. He reminds me a lot of a young Will Smith just a little quicker than Smith.

I wouldn't go that far but I think he's one of the more well rounded pass rushers in the draft given his ability to play the run. He reminds me a lot of a young Will Smith just a little quicker than Smith.

If he performs as well as he thinks he will at his pro day workout (particularly in the 40) coming off the ACL tear, do you see him falling out of the first round with the way he played this year and his measureables?

11 sacks and 13 TFL in an injury shortened season with good athleticism and flexibility at 6'4'' 276 lbs, 28 reps on the bench with 34.75" arms and 10.25" hands.

Euphonetiks said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightshade

If he performs as well as he thinks he will at his pro day workout (particularly in the 40) coming off the ACL tear, do you see him falling out of the first round with the way he played this year and his measureables?

11 sacks and 13 TFL in an injury shortened season with good athleticism and flexibility at 6'4'' 276 lbs, 28 reps on the bench with 34.75" arms and 10.25" hands.

I think he will end up going late first round as it is but if he blows up with a great 40 and 10 yard split he could move up even more.
I think he is more suited as a 4-3 DE given his size and strength.

I wouldn't be surprised and expect him to be a better pro than Werner. Tank is stronger, tougher and a lot more consistent than his teammate. His motor is far better than Werner's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom