Carson Palmer (Saints related) (1 Viewer)

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
Just was watching NFL live and there was a segment about the Bengals. Carson was talking about how winning cures everything and said "If we win against San Diego and are 5-4 everyone is going to jump back on the bandwaggon and talk about how we are going to go to New Orleans and beat up on the Saints".

Just thought I would pass that along.

I heard that. I'm not sure if that is an insult. Actually I think he is taking a shot at the media and other fans who like to jump on and off the bandwagon every week.

I heard that. I'm not sure if that is an insult. Actually I think he is taking a shot at the media and other fans who like to jump on and off the bandwagon every week.

I am in debate too. Not sure if he meant they were going to go in and beat up on the Saints or if thats what the media would be saying.... Definitly made me sit up and listen.

I got no problem with that. We were merely mentioned because we are the next opponent after this coming week.

If anything, he's hinting that as of now, they aren't expected to beat us, which I don't disagree with.

i would think most NFL players have that attidtude about upcoming opponents

Just was watching NFL live and there was a segment about the Bengals. Carson was talking about how winning cures everything and said "If we win against San Diego and are 5-4 everyone is going to jump back on the bandwaggon and talk about how we are going to go to New Orleans and beat up on the Saints".

Just thought I would pass that along.

Nice to see he's already looking ahead to us - That probably means he's probably less focussed on SD right now than he should be, and will lose that one.

The heat and player anarchy will continue to rise then the Bengals will come here, be even more frustrated, and lose against us.

The stars are starting to align themselves nicely.

Nice to see he's already looking ahead to us - That probably means he's probably less focussed on SD right now than he should be, and will lose that one.

you got that from his barely mentioning the saints?? i don't think he was looking ahead...

I got no problem with that. We were merely mentioned because we are the next opponent after this coming week.

If anything, he's hinting that as of now, they aren't expected to beat us, which I don't disagree with.

:plus-un2: This is exactly how I read Palmer's comments. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yea, I was going to make a post about this but, when I saw it, it did sound more like a shot at the media as the above poster mentioned. He was taking a shot at them because they are off/on the bandwagon every week. I like the choice of words in "beat up" hopefully Payton might use it as motivation. I can just see Payton in the locker room, These Bungles said they are going to come into this dome and beat up on you!!!!!!

I think he meant it against the media.
But, I do wonder if Mr. Ocho Cinco is going to have something to say about Mr. Colston, Mr. Horn, or our corners, sometime next week. :hihi:

I think he meant it against the media.
But, I do wonder if Mr. Ocho Cinco is going to have something to say about Mr. Colston, Mr. Horn, or our corners, sometime next week. :hihi:

I'm actually looking forward to this. Part of me hopes they win this weekend just so that Johnson will be in a cocky mood and come up with some funny stuff. I'm sure that some of us will take it in a negative way and get offended, but I think it's hilarious.

Didn't sound negative to me. Probably just a shot at the media/bandwagoners.

Thats what I read it as. Likewhen the Falcons lose a game, their season is over and Vick is just a RB, but when they win a game, Vick is the best QB ever.

San Diego is going to crush Cinnci

Yea, i think Palmer is just saying that the media is just a joke when it comes to the NFL. You can go from being the goat one week to being superbowl bound the next week...if you win. I think Palmer is right. I can't even watch ESPN for that reason. They are a bunch of talking heads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom