Carson Palmer's comments about the Saints (1 Viewer)

LMAO. :smilielol:
Dude, everything is not meant as disrespect towards our team.
As a matter of fact, I finally had the opportunity to hear the Joey Porter deal, and he kind of mumbled his "guarantee" of a win on Sunday. It sounded more like a guy who knows his team is pretty much done, and trying to boost some confidence into his team, the fans, and himself. I actually didn't take it as disrespect.

i think he is just saying how the media works. like when the falcons had 2 good games with vick throwing the ball. the media believed he fixed his inability to pass.

But i got the impression there was an implied "if" in there

Agreed. Palmer said, if they lose this week, and then go blow out the Saints, everyone will be praising them. This was in reference to a question about the media saying the Bengals' season is going down the tubes.

Seriously, you guys are waaaay too touchy and sensitive. Stop reading disrespect into EVERY comment. Sometimes someone just mentions the Saints and isnt actually meaning disrespect. It's a surprise, I know, but it happens.

Yea man not that it matters anyway but if anybody Palmer doesn't seem like the type...Its actually a shame he has to be on a team with all of those ego and guys who actually looked like they gave up on certain plays....Palmer seems like a real leader type and a stand up guy......

Agreed. Palmer said, if they lose this week, and then go blow out the Saints, everyone will be praising them. This was in reference to a question about the media saying the Bengals' season is going down the tubes.

Seriously, you guys are waaaay too touchy and sensitive. Stop reading disrespect into EVERY comment. Sometimes someone just mentions the Saints and isnt actually meaning disrespect. It's a surprise, I know, but it happens.

I agree. I mean they sound like a bunch of girls with all the whining.....Enough already not everybody thinks of the Saints as super bowl bound, or completely sold on them. That's life....Who cares....They keep winning this year and keep showing consistent play the respect will come....

Here is what Carson said;

Q: Are you sensing selfishness with some of the guys?
CP: I don't think selfishness is the word to describe it. Earlier we talked about frustration. Frustration is something a lot of guys have had in different ways. And it can definitely be fixed. Winning fixes everything, it seems. We're all bums right now, and the Bengals are bums right now. But if we beat the Chargers and get to 5-4, people will jump back on the bandwagon and talk about how we're going to go into New Orleans and beat up on the Saints. We've been frustrated, but the only way to get that bad taste out of mouth is to beat the Chargers.

Here is what Carson said;

Q: Are you sensing selfishness with some of the guys?
CP: I don't think selfishness is the word to describe it. Earlier we talked about frustration. Frustration is something a lot of guys have had in different ways. And it can definitely be fixed. Winning fixes everything, it seems. We're all bums right now, and the Bengals are bums right now. But if we beat the Chargers and get to 5-4, people will jump back on the bandwagon and talk about how we're going to go into New Orleans and beat up on the Saints. We've been frustrated, but the only way to get that bad taste out of mouth is to beat the Chargers.

This just completely changes the entire scope of this thread.

I'm glad fans have somewhere to read quotes, and get riled up from national perceptions of the team. Problem is, we don't play the games...

In an interview after the Bengals lost to Baltimore last week, Palmer said the Media would be "high on the Bengals" if they just win a game....he went on to say that "for example"..."we'll go down to New Orleans in 2 weeks and blow out the Saints...everyone will be praising us"....

he didn't say it in the context of "if we go down to new orleans and blow out the saints"....he said it like...yea we're planning on going down and embarrassing the saints that week...

one thing i know we can guarantee...is that we'll play to the end...i hope they taped that interview and play it before the Cincy game...

I've met Carson a couple of times. He went to high school about a mile from where I live. I have to tell you he has not carried himself that way. He didn't at USC and he hasn't with the Bengals.

I'm not saying he didn't make those comments but it is surprising.

BTW, what is it with these AFC teams putting out a guarantee win against the Saints?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom