Casillas to SS and Rex Ryan's Scheme (1 Viewer)

Well I have to disagree respectfully, ive seen patrick play good bump and run, he is stronger than he looks, uses his arms well and if u put him on an island and basically say take THIS wr out the play he can and will, he isnt a zone corner because frankly he isn't that smart, but he has phenominal natural man cover instincts like nhamdi, not saying he is anywhere near the player he is just that he is good at 1 thing and I think u will all see how good p.rob will be in the right scheme for him AND with a pass rush, i think he will floruish, also i dont like comparing him to Asante who is a pure zone corner, maybe the best zone corner in the NFL, he has played pretty decent for Atlanta but when he was in Philly's Cover 2 scheme he was incredible

If we can bring or sign a pass rusher and sign jordan poyer or desmond trufant who have looked incredible in bump and run I think our Defense could be GREATLY improved, but no matter what i can guarantee rob ryan's forces sean P. to either draft him a corner or sign him one for his man scheme, also I think this will improve jenkins play as well, If only Greer was still young he would be great for us. Mack has nice potential though

Umm, Samuel was the only corner that graded worse than Robinson according to PFF.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

You're an idiot and u cant be serious he can cover!!! :hihi

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

rob ryan runs a 3/4 hybrid kind of like a 4-6, his SS is basically always in the box, He wouldnt be covering WR's he would either be blitzing or covering the tight end, or u could take ur ILB to over the Tight end and put ur SS on the RB or FB actually

If this is true, then why would Casillas be better than Harper?

That sounds like an ideal scheme for Roman.

Good point but i would rather see him as one of the new Dome Patrollers. Besides for him to play SS we would have to have a really good pass rush to make up for what he could possibly lack in cover skills.

I find it hard to believe he's 230. Since he's been here he looks to have gained some size. To me, he looks to be one of our bigger lbs.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

thats because he is to fit, he is nothing but muscle and has no underlying fat like some LB's I say hes beteen 230-235

Umm, Samuel was the only corner that graded worse than Robinson according to PFF.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Well that's my point, is the eagle's cover 2 scheme he was a monster, in alanta's man scheme with plays to the strengths of grimes and dunta he hasnt been good, just like nmamdi with rex ryans bump and run man he was incredible but with the eagles zone he was terrible.

IMO Harper should have been a WLB for the last 3 years which is why I like this post! The saints never did it for reasons unknown but the simple fact that we were the only team after him when he was a FA should have been a sign that he like Roy Williams 5 years before him had been exposed...

Casillias would be out of position as a SS because he doesnt have the hips for it just like Harper.

If this is true, then why would Casillas be better than Harper?

That sounds like an ideal scheme for Roman.

Not better, cheaper. Similar production for a fraction of the cost. COuld allow us to save money and go after a LT or someone like kruger or spencer or grant.

Good point but i would rather see him as one of the new Dome Patrollers. Besides for him to play SS we would have to have a really good pass rush to make up for what he could possibly lack in cover skills.

Well he lacks pass rushing skills, yes he is a good blitzer but that is with a straight line of sight in open space, he would get owned as our blitzing linebacker going against tackles. He's way too small for any linebacker spot in a 3-4 but a perfect 4-3 WILL

IMO Harper should have been a WLB for the last 3 years which is why I like this post! The saints never did it for reasons unknown but the simple fact that we were the only team after him when he was a FA should have been a sign that he like Roy Williams 5 years before him had been exposed...

Casillias would be out of position as a SS because he doesnt have the hips for it just like Harper.

I only recomended it because he would be faster, cheaper, and allow us to spend money else where

I only recomended it because he would be faster, cheaper, and allow us to spend money else where
I think track speed wise he is a faster player but I highly doubt he is faster in all serious I dont see the hip movement that could make him productity. Seriously how ofter do you hear of a player going from lb to SS?

I think track speed wise he is a faster player but I highly doubt he is faster in all serious I dont see the hip movement that could make him productity. Seriously how ofter do you hear of a player going from lb to SS?

Well his job at the WILL was to cover running backs out the backfield and hes a good open field tackler, I think in rex's blitzing scheme where the SS blit 50% of the time he would be fine on running downs, and put in IAQ in passing situations

Because there's a reason you don't see 200 lb linebackers in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom