Casillas to SS and Rex Ryan's Scheme (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok please no one call me an idiot or be like OMG are u serious he cant cover or blah blah blah, im speaking strictly hypotheticaly. He played SS in college, has 4.49 speed, and can lay the wood, he is an undersized linebacker but at 6"2 230 he could be a good SS ONLY in the right scheme, kind of like a dashon gholston or kam chanecellor bernard pollard role, being faster than all of them actually.

Rob Ryan's 3-4 scheme could be perfect. 50% of his plays are basically Cover 1 man bump and run blitzes, meaning with ur typical 2 man under man coverage u have 4 people blitzing, both cbs covering their WR, the SILB and WILB covering their fullback and running backs, SOLB covering the Tight end. Rob Ryan however is known mainly for a bump and run cover 1 man blitz.

Basically all u do is either take one of the safties out of their Deep zone coverage and either blitz him, or man him up on the tight end allowing the SOLB to blitz. U have to have good press man corners because basically instead of having 2 safties deep u only have 1, this is what patrick robinson is best at, he is a bump and run CB, also drafting someone like jordan poyer or trufant would also be the perfect corner. Also This is what Jenkins excels at.

Any other questions about Ryan's scheme or questions about the 3-4 defense let me know.

But basically we are set at Dline and Safety IMO, we need linebackers and corners, especially corners for him scheme to be succesful, look for us to draft johnathan banks, jordan poyer or desmond trufant.

Casillas can't cover as a linebacker, I really don't see how he made it as a safety.

I like it in theory if he can cover. But I start getting worried when basically the whole defense is playing outside of their normal positions. We may have to deal with that for a while as we can't replace everyone at once.

All I will say is that if we get frustrated at Harper in coverage... we don't want to see Casillas.

Not a knock on the guy. But there's a lot more that goes into playing safety than physical dimensions. I think he's a LB through and through.

Much easier to convert safeties to LBs than LBs to safeties.

Casillas can't cover as a linebacker, I really don't see how he made it as a safety.

He covered andre johnson pretty well in 1 on 1 coverage a few timesa year or two ago. Even batted down a pass that schuab threw to johnson.

Its an interesting thought. I think I like it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I like it in theory if he can cover. But I start getting worried when basically the whole defense is playing outside of their normal positions. We may have to deal with that for a while as we can't replace everyone at once.

:plus-un2:

I like that you are thinking outside the box. He can't cover worse than Harper, but I don't think he is the tackler that Harper is either, love to have a SS that is better at both like

Matt Elam

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom